• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Burners...

Plextor 755SA ,Pioneer DVR111D, Hp lightscribe 640, plextor 716( it died but was good while it lasted)

Plextor for me also

I am not an techie type expert by any means. I have had great luck since purchasing my first Plextor 706 years ago. Lasted a long time mainly due to great support (firmware updates)
I was anxious to start burning DL, so I ended up buying the Plextor 760 a couple of months ago. Working awesome so far.

Of course...I use good media, burn at half rated speed of media, and use an Oppo dvd player (not that it really matters).

*****(5 STARS)
LG SuperMulti GSA-H22L lightscribe WORKS VERY FAST "GREAT" Now I just have to figure out how to use the Lightscibe.

****(4 STARS)
HP DVD940i Super-Multi Just got and only copied a few but works fast and well.

*(1 STAR)
Aopen DVD 1648L 16X DVD-ROM Drive I replaced this drive with the LG this one did not work well at all.

****(4 STARS)
LiteOn SHW-1635S 16xDVD Burner I had 2 of these and were very dependable. I gave these to my bro and he is enjoying them.
:clap: :clap:

NEC, Philips, and Samsung. I've had 2 Sony burners and had problems with both.

I use a three year old ASUS 1604P, which is a re-badged Pioneer 108. This unit has burned roughly 500 disks so far and it still runs rock solid. Over those years, I've only experienced two coasters and that was because the lens needed cleaning. I just love this drive!

I use only Verbatim or TY media exclusively.

I use CloneDVD with AnyDVD to rip and burn with Ashampoo 6.

Last edited:
I`ll never buy another Plextor burner, I have been through three replacement 760A drives from Plextor all with the same problem and that was if the Verbatim DVD+RW disc was lightly scratched it either wouldnt burn to it or if it did burn to it it would make the disc unrecognisable and useless. I can take the same lightly scratched +RW disc that the 760A wouldnt burn to and have no problems burning it in of my other 8 dvd burners including a Plextor 716SA.

I am probably the only one here but the Sony burner in my Inspiron has worked great for me for over a year now. I currently mostly burn dual layer discs. I probably use it 5-10 times a week.

First one was a Pioneer A06. When the disks went from 4X to 8X, it quit working right.
Second one was a Plextor 712A. It worked flawless on MANY burns. Wore it out.
Third one was a Sony DRU-720A several years ago and still works but only with DVDs. Quit using it.
Fourth one was a Lite-On SOHW-1693S. It worked well and then began burning with errors.
Fifth one was an NEC ND-3550A. After 4 months it quit reading DVDs but still burns very well.
Sixth one was a BenQ DW-1650. It also started burning with errors in about 3 months.

So now I have gone to the Samsung SH-S182D and think it is the better one of all, so far. It supposedly was not as good with the -R disks as with the +R ones but I honestly can't tell any difference. As for speed and quality, it is the better one I have had. I bought a second one recently and the costs of the two together was less than the cost of the first one, second one and the third one when I bought each of them.

DVD media - Premium TY-G02 and Sony

Custom built PC
Ultra-X Blaster mid tower case
Xion 600W v2.0 power supply
Abit AW9D-MAX motherboard
Intel core2 duo 2.4GHz E6600 (OC at 3.0GHz)
Corsair 2 GB kit XMS2-6400 Xtreme memory
2-Chaintech GeForce 7600GS video cards
2-Samsung SATA 320 gig hard drives
2-Samsung SH-S182D burners

Last edited:
For my burning needs only Plextor delivers. I have a PX-712A for DVD-burning and a PlexWriter 48/24/48A for anything else. The 2 year warranty with On-Site Collect&Return Service is unmatched by the rival competitors.

:)

I'm using...

1). Reader...Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA & BenQ DW1655

2). Burner...Pioneer 111D (TYG02 & YUDEN000T02) & LG H22L, H42N (MCC004)

3). LightScribe...BenQ DW1655 & LG H22L

4). Scanner...Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA

I'm using...

1). Reader...Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA & BenQ DW1655

2). Burner...Pioneer 111D (TYG02 & YUDEN000T02) & LG H22L, H42N (MCC004)

3). LightScribe...BenQ DW1655 & LG H22L

4). Scanner...Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA

Sure hope you remember what you did to get your 16A7S to read pressed discs; when you do remember please PM me here or you know where.

Kip

i use PX-716As and a Lite-On with no problems (per my sig)

to bad Plextor is going to stop making drives the PX-716A is the best drive ever made IMHO

The PX-716A does not seem to be available to purchase anymore? Is there a newer model number with similar performance?

I was wondering what type of DVD Burners everyone is using and if you are satisfied with them. I myself use two Lite-On 18X LH-18A1P. Quite happy with them so far. Only had them for about a month. Gets the job done.

I've got a Sony that's over a year old now and has well over 600 burns on it with no problem. I only use it for burning, not rippping or playback.

-W

Sony VRD-VC20
Samsung SE-S184M
LG GSA-E30L
Sony DRU-720A
Sony DRX-810UL
HP 840

Last edited:
Back