• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

movies won't play

donna

my movies ripped with anydvd and burned with intervideo dvdcopy will not play on my sony dvd player. but they play just fine on the computer. i have all the boxes checked on the feature removal page of anydvd setup. the sony dvd give an error message about region prohibitions.
tks in advance for help.
donnadaily

my movies ripped with anydvd and burned with intervideo dvdcopy will not play on my sony dvd player. but they play just fine on the computer. i have all the boxes checked on the feature removal page of anydvd setup. the sony dvd give an error message about region prohibitions.
tks in advance for help.
donnadaily
The region of the disc and the drive must be the same.

tks detroit baseball,
the region is 1 for my original dvds, the dvd player, the computer drive, but i believe the region for the ripped dvds is all, (that is 1,2,3,4,5,etc,) and the sony dvd player refuses to play them with region "all" evev though it played the original from which the copy was ripped just fine. how can i rip a copy which retains the original region 1.
sincerely,
donnadaily

tks detroit baseball,
the region is 1 for my original dvds, the dvd player, the computer drive, but i believe the region for the ripped dvds is all, (that is 1,2,3,4,5,etc,) and the sony dvd player refuses to play them with region "all" evev though it played the original from which the copy was ripped just fine. how can i rip a copy which retains the original region 1.
sincerely,
donnadaily
Using Slysoft products, you can make them region free, which is the best choice.

Last edited:
so are you saying i should deselect removal of region code scripts.

so are you saying i should deselect removal of region code scripts.

No, I'm saying either the feature removal isn't working properly (which seems unlikely to me) or this is a pal/ntsc conversion issue.

Last edited:
When you burned the DVD with Intervideo - Did you insure that the "burn" was finalized? If not, it won't play on anything but the computer.

Hi Donna,

I've had a DVD Player refuse to play a particular media brand, & when I burned it again, everything the same using another brand media all was well. Perhaps some players are just fussy, about the media they will accept.

I've also had a few burned movies which at first seemed to not play, work. I rocked btwn (rapidly) play & FF, a few times & it started playing.

Have you cleaned the lens on the player? I've been told to NOT use those DVD cleaning disks with the music-on one track. Instead I was told to use a blast of canned air to clean. Good Luck!

Take Care
Rico

Unless you can make your player region free (see DVD hacks) you might have to just set the DVD to the region the player is in. A few people have had this problem before.

To check what region the backup DVD is in pop it into the DVD drive and have a look at the information AnyDVD gives.

Back