• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Excalibur

de2000

Hello,

I tried to back up two discs today. The first one was Aeon Flux. AnyDVD HD backed it up beautifully to my hard drive. I played it back with Power DVD 6.5, even the menu worked.

I then tried to back up Excalibur (North American). The back up went through ok, but when I tried to open it with PDVD, it would not even play the menu. So, I then drag and drop the Feature_1.EVO file to PDVD. The image skipped frames (jerking) and the audio had crackle at times.

Any suggestions on how to get this disc backed up?

Thank you.

Hello,

I tried to back up two discs today. The first one was Aeon Flux. AnyDVD HD backed it up beautifully to my hard drive. I played it back with Power DVD 6.5, even the menu worked.

I then tried to back up Excalibur (North American). The back up went through ok, but when I tried to open it with PDVD, it would not even play the menu. So, I then drag and drop the Feature_1.EVO file to PDVD. The image skipped frames (jerking) and the audio had crackle at times.

Any suggestions on how to get this disc backed up?

Thank you.
Probably a bug in PowerDVD 6.5 (I assume it doesn't play from the original disc either).

Probably a bug in PowerDVD 6.5 (I assume it doesn't play from the original disc either).
I just tried to play it from the original disc. You are correct that it does not play from it either (Aeon Flux played ok).

So, will a newer version of PDVD work?

Thank you.

PS. Why would this bug affect the playback of the actual file? (jerking and crackling)

Last edited:
I just tried to play it from the original disc. You are correct that it does not play from it either (Aeon Flux played ok).

So, will a newer version of PDVD work?
Very likely, yes.

PS. Why would this bug affect the playback of the actual file? (jerking and crackling)
Despite common believes .evo files cannot be played back correctly, as additional information from the control files is missing. You must play the folder from harddisk.

Excalibur: Just turn on AnyDVD HD's "Remove all menus" option and bingo.

Faye

Back