• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to reduce total copy/burn time?

Davey

Howdy,

My burns are taking 46 minutes according to the Session Succesful / Eject dialog. The movies are burning fine, but can I reduce the total time somehow?

CloneDVD2 version 2.9.0.3
Write speed set in CloneDVD: 8x
Media: Verbatim DVD+R, Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8X
AnyDVD 6.1.2.5

Thanks!!

Howdy,

My burns are taking 46 minutes according to the Session Succesful / Eject dialog. The movies are burning fine, but can I reduce the total time somehow?

Sure. Write at 12x or higher.

Do movie only with one english soundtrack and subtitle. Also, shut down your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.

It takes me 20 to encode and 8 to burn(8x)

Anydvd (latest)
Dvd Shrink
Nero Burning Rom v.7
Verbatim DVD -R

Last edited:
I thought the rule-of-thumb is to burn at half the speed of the DVD???

Well, the question was how to speed up your burn times. Webslinger did answer the question... burn at a faster speed. He didn't, however, say how the burns would turn out.

I usually burn at 12x with my Plextor PX-760A. With my PX-716A I burned at 8x [it's currently in need of some fixing]. My PX-708A has always burned beautifully at 8x. All of these speeds are based on using DVD+R Ver.1.3/1x-16x blanks.

Howdy,
If above time is for TOTAL processing time (creating finished output file(s) AND burn), your time would be in the normal ranges. For myself it varies from 17 minutes or higher (config for movie/menu/DVD-5) depending on the movie. If your time is for burn only, how large is your output folder. For DVD-5's, a full disk is 4.36GB, which I burn at 6x in about 10 minutes and 20 seconds (TY's). If your burning same size, 46 minutes would be unusual high. Check your DMA settings in device manager for your burner. Have they always burned this slow or is this a recent problem?

it also depends on how much compressing clonedvd has to do

If above time is for TOTAL processing time (creating finished output file(s) AND burn), your time would be in the normal ranges. For myself it varies from 17 minutes or higher (config for movie/menu/DVD-5) depending on the movie. If your time is for burn only, how large is your output folder. For DVD-5's, a full disk is 4.36GB, which I burn at 6x in about 10 minutes and 20 seconds (TY's). If your burning same size, 46 minutes would be unusual high. Check your DMA settings in device manager for your burner. Have they always burned this slow or is this a recent problem?

With 1ClickDVD Copy software, my burns "were" between 20-30 minutes total. But 1ClickDVD doesn't work anymore, and they don't/can't fix it. So, I bought CloneDVD; and it seems to work fine. It's probably operator error on my part, it usually is on this stuff.

My need is to burn only the movie, without menus, extras, etc. So the result is: I insert the DVD, and the movie plays from start to finish with the best possible video/audio.

Can someone post a list of the "best" settings in order to accomplish this?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
1Click Doesn't Work?

With 1ClickDVD Copy software, my burns "were" between 20-30 minutes total. But 1ClickDVD doesn't work anymore, and they don't/can't fix it. So, I bought CloneDVD; and it seems to work fine. It's probably operator error on my part, it usually is on this stuff.

I am curious why 1Click doesn't work anymore, and is the problem why that doesn't work on your system going to be a problem with CloneDVD on your system. I have 1Click, CloneDVD and CloneCD and they all work. This isn't the "Third Party Products" forum, but I am curious.

I am curious why 1Click doesn't work anymore, and is the problem why that doesn't work on your system going to be a problem with CloneDVD on your system. I have 1Click, CloneDVD and CloneCD and they all work. This isn't the "Third Party Products" forum, but I am curious.

False Postive Burn messages with 1Click:
The problem started with 4.x, after succesfully burning for over a year. It all of a sudden stopped burning, although it inidcated a successful burn. I tried virtually everything (upgrading to 5.1.1.6,uninstall/reinstall, and on and on......) that the good folks over at 1Click forum suggested, except reformat my hard drive. It seems a significant number of people are having the same problem. I was told that CloneDVD2 will work when all others don't work. So I wouldn't worry about any problems before they arise. CloneDVD2 works great for me - I have not burned ANY coasters. It takes a little bit longer to complete the burn, but that's not a big thing. Simply put, IT WORKS!!!!

Last edited:
Back