• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Anydvd HD split for Dvd dl burning?

roms

I intend to use my Xbox360 as the reader and would like burn to DL without compression.

I have search the forums, but most responses seem to indicate that it defeats the purpose. ?

I have for years prior to DL burners and media backedup SD Dvd to 2 disks if require with no compression.

Maybe slysoft has just made things to easy for me in the years.

I intend to use my Xbox360 as the reader and would like burn to DL without compression.

I have search the forums, but most responses seem to indicate that it defeats the purpose. ?

I have for years prior to DL burners and media backedup SD Dvd to 2 disks if require with no compression.

Maybe slysoft has just made things to easy for me in the years.
AnyDVD just removes protection, it doesn't do anything with burning. CloneDVD would do that though. http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

Hi :)
For 1:1 copying without compression CloneCD is even better.

The problem here is that it isn't a 1:1 copy that the writer wants. I believe they want to split one HD movie over say, 3 DL DVDs without loss in quality, but still being able to play the movie on the individual discs.. and maybe even in the Xbox. For that, the evob will need to be split, the xpl will need to be rewritten and the correct formatting written to the disc.

So you're saying that CloneDVD allows you to split HD DVD content so you can burn it on multiple DVD+R DL discs using another DVD burner app?

Nothing does this at the moment. It's not a simple task either. If you want to backup to anything other than Hard drive right now, you'd need an HDDVD or Bluray burner and software which can create a UDF 2.5 filesystem and burn to HDDVD or Bluray.

Nothing does this at the moment. It's not a simple task either. If you want to backup to anything other than Hard drive right now, you'd need an HDDVD or Bluray burner and software which can create a UDF 2.5 filesystem and burn to HDDVD or Bluray.

Thats wrong. A backup to another medium is quite simple: You can use any backup programm burning on DVD´s, spanning the ripped folders contense through multiple normal DVD´s. As HD-DVD is about 25 GB, you need six normal single layer dvd´s (it´s 1,80 Eur in total). There a also cheep 6-DVD-Boxes, there you can put in them.

Of course, the problem is you have to restore the DVD´s back to Harddisk to watch them (thats uncomfortable of course).

My idea for a "Clone HD-DVD" would be a virtual device driver, joining multiple standard dvds to one virtual disk. If you use double-layer, you have to use three DVDs inserted in the PC at the same time. Als you of cource have a DVD-burner and the HD-DVD-Drive can read normal DVD also, you simpliy need one aditional dvd-reading-drive (about 16 EUR).

The cloning of HD-DVD would work by these step:
- rip to harddisk, using anydvd hd
- a new tool is needed to burn 3-6 DVD-Disks out of the ripped content
(maybe "main movie"-function will allow only to copy the main movie). It should be normal data disks, with same folder structure, but added ".partx" to the filenames with x the volume number.
- a new device driver is needed, joining virtually the disks to one drive.

Thats wrong. A backup to another medium is quite simple: You can use any backup programm burning on DVD´s, spanning the ripped folders contense through multiple normal DVD´s. As HD-DVD is about 25 GB, you need six normal single layer dvd´s (it´s 1,80 Eur in total). There a also cheep 6-DVD-Boxes, there you can put in them.

Of course, the problem is you have to restore the DVD´s back to Harddisk to watch them (thats uncomfortable of course).

My idea for a "Clone HD-DVD" would be a virtual device driver, joining multiple standard dvds to one virtual disk. If you use double-layer, you have to use three DVDs inserted in the PC at the same time. Als you of cource have a DVD-burner and the HD-DVD-Drive can read normal DVD also, you simpliy need one aditional dvd-reading-drive (about 16 EUR).

The cloning of HD-DVD would work by these step:
- rip to harddisk, using anydvd hd
- a new tool is needed to burn 3-6 DVD-Disks out of the ripped content
(maybe "main movie"-function will allow only to copy the main movie). It should be normal data disks, with same folder structure, but added ".partx" to the filenames with x the volume number.
- a new device driver is needed, joining virtually the disks to one drive.
Virtual CloneDrive already does this. :D

Why Bother

Who said imagination is dead!!

I don't understand why the rush to burn HD-DVD's. Keep them temporarily on your Hard drives. Storage is pretty cheap and be honest. Of the stuff that is available on HD how much do you really want these films in that format. I have about 30 HD-DVD's ripped using AnyDVD/HD stored on my PC. I can connect to these stored discs via my 10/100 network (NO you do not need gigabyte ethernet to do this) and watch them via PowerDVD on my HTPC via my 42" Plasma. Did so last night with Manchurian Candidate and it played PERFECTLY. When HD burners come out and are reasonably priced then great. Until then I can wait. A quick look at release schedules tells me that I wont run out of disc space for a while yet and by then I hope I will have a burner that is at least 4X (1 X is a joke) and media prices will be down to less than $5. At that point burning will be an option. If I need to spend another $150 or so for another 500 gig of hard drive it is still a better deal and an easier watch of these films.

Back