• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra Reloaded: 8.0 A/V engine + HD-DVD + PowerDVD 7.3 player

Guys, instead of just saying "me too"... just send me a PM. After you try it, please post your feedback here. It seems that a dozen or so people tried 3.0 and so far, every person got it to work by just double-clicking the reloaded installer.. setup.exe.

do I just dump the whole lot into the PDVD folder then run the setup.exe?

No. Just put the installer files in a temporary folder and run setup.exe. You dont have to touch the powerDVD folder. You can delete the temporary folder you made after you install Reloaded. Its not different than installing any other program that comes in a zip file. :)

do I just dump the whole lot into the PDVD folder then run the setup.exe?

So I don't have to move any files over to the PowerDVD folder at all, just unpack into it's own folder then run the setup file

I installed the automated setup for PDVD 8 Reloaded last night. I simply double-clicked the "setup.exe", received the registry change confirmation and rebooted my WinXP machine. The reloaded version plays my HDDVD and Bluray discs as described with less bloat.

I have PDVD 7.3 OEM and the trial version of PDVD 8 installed-thanks!

John

mkanet, I updated powerdvd 8 to the latest version last night, then ran the setup.exe. It worked like a charm. The only thing is that I can't get powerdvd to open in fullscreen mode. (Not a big problem, I have the energy to still simply double-click the window ;) ) I also noticed that when I right click in the window, the options window reads "powerdvd 7" I'm glad to have hd dvd playback again. I was going to try samuraihl's work around, but happily stumbled upon your thread. Thank you very much for the custom installer.:bowdown:

John

Youre welcome. Did you already try the "Reloaded-WindowModeStart.reg". That is what the reg file is used for...

Also, if you right click and select "about.." you will see what's really under the hood :)

mkanet, I updated powerdvd 8 to the latest version last night, then ran the setup.exe. It worked like a charm. The only thing is that I can't get powerdvd to open in fullscreen mode. (Not a big problem, I have the energy to still simply double-click the window ;) ) I also noticed that when I right click in the window, the options window reads "powerdvd 7" I'm glad to have hd dvd playback again. I was going to try samuraihl's work around, but happily stumbled upon your thread. Thank you very much for the custom installer.:bowdown:

John

Last edited:
Yes, I clicked on it a few times. Was I supposed to click on it before running the setup file, or after? I ran the setup and then clicked on the three reg files (not the hddvd one) and then opened powerdvd 8. As I said, it's no biggie... I'm just happy to have hd dvd playback.:)

You only click on the reg file that you want to use at that time, not all 3 in a row

tried out the reloaded 3.0 pack and it works great. :clap: way to go on getting this done in as few steps as possible it works great with everything and now im guessing after every update for powerdvd 8 we have to reinstall it am i correct or will this package stay aprt of powerdvd always?

Not sure what I did wrong, but HD DVD doesnt quite work for me with this (Blu ray images play fine). I did a new install of PDVD8 Ultra (full), opened it to enter the activation code, closed PDVD, then ran the Reloaded setup.exe.

I was prompted that install was successful, so I proceeded to try to play an HD DVD iso (Aeon Flux) but there was no sound or video--just a black screen--the PDVD progress bar was active, indicating a file was being played. At one point a b&w rating disclaimer appeared, followed by the menu CG only (no video or sound again). I selected to play the movie but the same occured--no sound or video, but PDVD acted as if it were playing.

Unfortunately I didnt have time to experiment further, but will try a reinstall this weekend. Just wanted to post my initial experience and I'll troubleshoot from there as I can.

Haven't tried that one, but I have tried others and they work fine

OK..yeah my testing was not thorough (had to get to the bar before the Cubs game started ;)). I'll try others and report back my results.

Tryed Reload 3.0. The only problem I'm having is Primary Subtitles are turned on for every movie be it SD or BD. Have to right click when movie is playing and set this to off.

New features:

1) Fully automated installer setup.exe
2) All skins included; including the one in the first post of this thread.
3) Enables HD-DVD support for all current versions of PowerDVD 8.

Note: Make sure you make a backup of your Cyberlink program folder before installing this; in case you want to revert back.

Can I get it? thanks

The way I would do it is back up your non-reloaded folder, install reloaded. Then when you need to upgrade to the new patch, simply put back your older non-reloaded folder, upgrade to the newer patch, then re-install reloaded.

tried out the reloaded 3.0 pack and it works great. :clap: way to go on getting this done in as few steps as possible it works great with everything and now im guessing after every update for powerdvd 8 we have to reinstall it am i correct or will this package stay aprt of powerdvd always?

RE: Reloaded 3.0

Installed without any problems. HD-DVD playback works great. Play / Resume has nicely been eliminated when starting a movie. Can no longer select Full Screen and On Top from configuration menu, using reg files to make this change. X-Fied skin does not display same as thumbnail, small logo's are missing. Many thanks for your efforts!!

Back