• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Asus 1612Bl 1st Three Sheep Writer?

USA Asus will be sending the new SATA 1614 in a couple of weeks, I will perform the sheep test as soon as I get the drive installed and give a short report here.

In the review that you link to, Megadeath reports it as a "3 sheep burner" and knowing him as I do, I would take his word on it. You could go to the sub-forum at CDF and ask for more information. Megadeath is pretty quick to answer questions.

[/B]
USA Asus will be sending the new SATA 1614 in a couple of weeks, I will perform the sheep test as soon as I get the drive installed and give a short report here.

In the review that you link to, Megadeath reports it as a "3 sheep burner" and knowing him as I do, I would take his word on it. You could go to the sub-forum at CDF and ask for more information. Megadeath is pretty quick to answer questions.

Looking forward to your report. I think you mean the 1814 drive

I can't wait to read that review Kipper. This looks very interesting.:clap:

I can't wait to read that review Kipper. This looks very interesting.:clap:

Just finished up a review on the Memorex DVD+RAM 525GE external, based on the LG drive. Should have it published in a short time. I am looking forward to the Asus, it is their newest and a SATA.

Just finished up a review on the Memorex DVD+RAM 525GE external, based on the LG drive. Should have it published in a short time. I am looking forward to the Asus, it is their newest and a SATA.

Let me know if the drive is worth buying, I`m looking for 1 more sata burner as I have room for one more burner and would prefer a sata one so I dont need to buy another ide controller card.

Kippers review will tell all. I have read them before, his reviews are very comprehensive.:clap:

Thanks guys, glad you enjoy reading the reviews. I am looking forward to the Asus burner, gonna be a fun one to do.

Ok, I just bought an ASUS 1612BL and checked it with the Sheep-test. As I already expected - it is no 3 sheep writer (at least in my system).
But it obviously is the very first REAL SD 2.9 writer I got so far (many many drives that are classified as SD2.9 writers by CD freaks are definitley NO 2.9 writers!!). And it backed up Doom 3 (SD 3.20.022 on CD) which none of my LiteOn or Plextors (I checked 4 LiteOns and 1 Plex so far) ever did.
Experiments are running, not finished yet (see attached pic).
Tschens

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back