• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-A (audio) backup

blueconnect

A DVD-A disk may contain 5.1, dts and or high resolution stereo audio files and sometimes a video or two. I own Clone DVD, Clone CD with AnyDVD and neither will backup the Audio folder of a DVD-A. Both programs can find the video folder and files yet overlook the audio folder. Clone CD is suppose to be the program for making 1:1 backups of anything so why does it not read everything on a disk. Is this something that can be corrected or added to a future release.
Maybe someone has found a way a make a 100% backup of a DVD-A, please share if so.
:confused:

this is probably bacause clonecd is used to back up audio cd's and movie dvd's,and clonedvd is used to back up movie dvd's only.
if you're gonna back up a dvd audio disc,you will need a different program for it.i had a look on softpedia.com but couldn't find anything that does what you want.

Audio Files

Have you tried the Copy DVD Titles in CloneDVD2? I haven't tried an audio DVD, but you can choose which files to back-up and all the video and audio files are listed. You can download and use CloneDVD2 for free for 21 days on a trial basis. That should give you enough time to see if it works. There is currently a coupon for a discount. http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Last edited:
I had purchased CloneDVD2 first, while it does show the audio folder it will not back it up. I was then told CloneCD is the real 1:1 backup program for DVD and CDs. Again it can see the Audio folder but will not back it up. Should be a simple fix for SlySoft to make. Will they is the real question.

"Since the release of 5.0, CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also all DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. The movies are copied 1:1 and therefore not modified (compressed). Note that to copy movie DVDs you also require AnyDVD."

Now before any of you jump on the "such as" part, "such as" means these are examples of, it does not state only these formats.

The DVD-A is a DVD format so how about it SlySoft, please release a update that will include the audio folder.

I would also like to be able to rip DVD-A tracks on my pc, but from what I could find out the DVD-A discs use a different copy protection than that emplyed for the DVD Video discs. This is from Wikipedia:

DVD-Audio discs employ a copy protection mechanism called Content Protection for Prerecorded Media (CPPM)[6]. CPPM, managed by the 4C Entity, prevents users from extracting audio to computers and portable media players.

Because DVD-Video's content-scrambling system (CSS) was quickly broken, DVD-Audio's developers sought a better method of blocking unauthorized duplications. They developed CPPM, which uses a media key block (MKB) to authenticate DVD-Audio players. In order to decrypt the audio, players must obtain a media key from the MKB, which also is encrypted. The player must use its own unique key to decrypt the MKB. If a DVD-Audio player's decryption key is compromised, that key can be rendered useless for decrypting future DVD-Audio discs. DVD-Audio discs also can utilize digital watermarking technology developed by the Verance Corporation.

The 4C Entity also developed a similar specification, Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM), which is used on Secure Digital cards.

DVD-Audio's copy protection was overcome in 2005[7] by tools which allow data to be decrypted or converted to 6 channel .WAV files without going through lossy digital-to-analogue conversion. Previously that conversion had required expensive equipment to retain all 6 channels of audio rather than having it downmixed to stereo. In the digital method, the decryption is done by a commercial software player which has been patched to allow access to the unprotected audio. As the DVD-A format has not gained wide commercial interest or acceptance, decryption tools are still very primitive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Audio

"Since the release of 5.0, CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also all DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. The movies are copied 1:1 and therefore not modified (compressed). Note that to copy movie DVDs you also require AnyDVD."

Now before any of you jump on the "such as" part, "such as" means these are examples of, it does not state only these formats.

The DVD-A is a DVD format so how about it SlySoft, please release a update that will include the audio folder.

CloneCD cannot copy copy protected DVD-A discs. We will change the website to reflect this.

:confused: Will Slysoft be able to unlock DVD-A files in the future?
There are currently no concrete plans to decrypt DVD Audio, but never say never...

Webiste has been changed to "Since the release of 5.0, CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats..."

Sure would be nice to to be able to change that back to "all DVD formats" AnyDVD seems to be able to decode the DVD-A files, it's just that CloneCD nor CloneDVD copy the Audio folder. Granted CloneCD makes image files while CloneDVD creates folders, just not the Audio folder. What a shame.
I have been able to use Roxio CD Creater 9 and AnyDVD to make a backup of a DVD-A. The finished product works on my PC but does not work on my Stereo DVD player. So It's close but no good enough, maybe someday.

Last edited:
Back