• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.5.0.2 beta

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Here's the next beta coming up - sorry for the delay, as you can imagine from the log, it was quite an amount of work to do and a huge amount of bugs in FFMpeg to fix.

The focus is on x.264/AVC profiles. We tested the following devices thoroughly:

- Sony Playstation Portable
- Sony Playstation 3
- XBox 360

Please give us your input to any other devices with x.264 support!

CloneDVD mobile Revision History

Version 1.5.0.2 beta: 2008 09 12
- new: added MPEG2 re-encode/passthrough profiles
- change: Framerate setting (NTSCFrameRate/PALFrameRate/...) now
allow exotic values, like 30 FPS.
- fix: resync issues with certain long-running movies
- change: improved x264 encoding quality
- change: improved handling of stage files (multi-pass encoding)
- fix: some issues with subtitle decoding
- fix: some minor issues with SVCD
- new: x264 featuring patch Psy-RD 0.6 by Jason Garrett-Glaser
- several minor fixes and improvements

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1502beta.exe

Last edited:
I tried it on the PSP and all is well. It takes a little longer with this version but the results are worth waiting for! It worked well on the PS3 too. I do have a mystery though, I have an older Sony release of Bram Stoker's Dracula that the new version simply will not encode to the PSP or PS3. I tried it on two different computers, even ripped to the HD with no luck, and normally would think it is the DVD but other software handles it fine on the same computer(s). Attached is the error, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• 5102_error.jpg
    5102_error.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm running tests with the new version as I write. Really looking forward to the new improved h264 profiles since I backup all the kids DVDs and use a mediaplayer to let them view them.

The only thing missing is support for the MKV container so that I can keep the AC3 sound. At least on my hometheater system I need to keep the multichannel AC3/DTS sound to make them enjoyable. Multichannel AAC sounds poorly on my system.

Are there any plans to support this option in the future? I am aware that we are then not aiming for "Mobile" devices but still, please.

I tried it on the PSP and all is well. It takes a little longer with this version but the results are worth waiting for! It worked well on the PS3 too. I do have a mystery though, I have an older Sony release of Bram Stoker's Dracula that the new version simply will not encode to the PSP or PS3. I tried it on two different computers, even ripped to the HD with no luck, and normally would think it is the DVD but other software handles it fine on the same computer(s). Attached is the error, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

That image doesn't display any error, only routine information - whatever it was comes way further down.
Did you see the new button on the final screen where you can save the transcoder log? Do that, will be much more helpful, thanks :)

I'm running tests with the new version as I write. Really looking forward to the new improved h264 profiles since I backup all the kids DVDs and use a mediaplayer to let them view them.

The only thing missing is support for the MKV container so that I can keep the AC3 sound. At least on my hometheater system I need to keep the multichannel AC3/DTS sound to make them enjoyable. Multichannel AAC sounds poorly on my system.

Are there any plans to support this option in the future? I am aware that we are then not aiming for "Mobile" devices but still, please.

Matroska support is added in one of the next betas, yes.

Matroska support is added in one of the next betas, yes.

Oh, cool! I can't tell you how good news that is to me.

On the other side. Just finished my first encode with the new beta. Tried Chicken Little, a Disney Release, and it is way out of sync in the end using the Playstation 3 profile. I fully understand that this might be hard to track down but if there is any logfiles you would like to have to check this please let me know what files and where to find them.

I did a 2pass encode. Will now do a 1pass to see if it is in sync. Usually easier for most encoders to hit the mark with 1pass in my experience.

Last edited:
Indeed. There's a "save transcoder log" button at the end of transcoding. If you could provide that log...

OK, maybe this will work, I've been trying to attach the log but as a *.txt file it exceeds the board's limit.

Attachments

• 1502.txt.zip
    383 bytes · Views: 3
Indeed. There's a "save transcoder log" button at the end of transcoding. If you could provide that log...

Same issue with Nordic Chicken Little release and 1pass encoding and the Playstation 3 profile as with 2pass encoding. I'm attaching the transcoder log.

Attachments

• chickenlittle.zip
    475.2 KB · Views: 5
IPhone Conversion

I have tried converting using the iPhone AVC setting. On a DVD which I have previously had problems with audio synch it has worked perfectly. However it took 44 minutes to convert a 173 minute movie. That is twice as long as it was taking on the official release version (however as I say with that version, the sound synch was off). However, when I tried to synch the file produced to the iPhone, iTunes reported that the format could not be read by the phone, iTunes will play the video without issue.

On another DVD (Twelve Monkeys) I did get an error "the pipe has been ended - an encoding error has occured" end of diagnostics file produced below. I'm trying that one again on a different PC - got the same error. The predicted time for this conversion was again double the time of the previous official release.

rame=100516 fps= 92 q=20.0 size= 420896kB time=4020.29 bitrate= 857.6kbits/s
frame=100523 fps= 92 q=20.0 size= 420941kB time=4020.54 bitrate= 857.7kbits/s
*** BONG! 224 frames dup, vdelta = 223.600000 (method=-1) last_delta = -204960.000000, [0, 0, 4029944000, 4029984000]
ERROR: Cannot write to pipe. (232).

Last edited:
not meaning to sound like an opensource nutter, but these "bugs with ffmpeg", are you supplying your fixes for them back to the community project?

or do you mean bugs with clonedvd mobile using ffmpeg - i.e. not bugs in ffmpeg itself, which i suspect to be the case as when i use mencoder/ffmpeg from linux, i don't see the sync or speed issues i get from clonedvd mobile.

not meaning to sound like an opensource nutter, but these "bugs with ffmpeg", are you supplying your fixes for them back to the community project?

or do you mean bugs with clonedvd mobile using ffmpeg - i.e. not bugs in ffmpeg itself, which i suspect to be the case as when i use mencoder/ffmpeg from linux, i don't see the sync or speed issues i get from clonedvd mobile.

There are heavy pts/dts processing bugs in ffmpeg.c - that's why I'll get rid of that thing and make it myself very soon. I then will only use libavcodec/libavformat of FFmpeg project.

And I won't give fixes back to the community myself - don't wanna waste my time with arguing. As FFmpeg is released under GPL we have that patches available on oss.slysoft.com

I have tried converting using the iPhone AVC setting. On a DVD which I have previously had problems with audio synch it has worked perfectly. However it took 44 minutes to convert a 173 minute movie. That is twice as long as it was taking on the official release version (however as I say with that version, the sound synch was off). However, when I tried to synch the file produced to the iPhone, iTunes reported that the format could not be read by the phone, iTunes will play the video without issue.

On another DVD (Twelve Monkeys) I did get an error "the pipe has been ended - an encoding error has occured" end of diagnostics file produced below. I'm trying that one again on a different PC - got the same error. The predicted time for this conversion was again double the time of the previous official release.

rame=100516 fps= 92 q=20.0 size= 420896kB time=4020.29 bitrate= 857.6kbits/s
frame=100523 fps= 92 q=20.0 size= 420941kB time=4020.54 bitrate= 857.7kbits/s
*** BONG! 224 frames dup, vdelta = 223.600000 (method=-1) last_delta = -204960.000000, [0, 0, 4029944000, 4029984000]
ERROR: Cannot write to pipe. (232).

Do you have the complete transcoder log? ffmpeg tries to duplicate a single frame 224 times and a guard fired.

OK, maybe this will work, I've been trying to attach the log but as a *.txt file it exceeds the board's limit.

That attachment only contains a link (.lnk) to the .txt file.

Do you have the complete transcoder log? ffmpeg tries to duplicate a single frame 224 times and a guard fired.

Hi Fernando,

I was having problems getting a log created as the app seemed to have hung at the point the error was reported. I'll reproduce again and see if I can get the log to you - it won't be until next weekend though as I won't be at home until then.

Any ideas on why the synch to the iPhone was unsuccessful? I couldn't see any significant differences in the info tab in iTunes to files that successfully synch.

Hi Fernando,

I was having problems getting a log created as the app seemed to have hung at the point the error was reported. I'll reproduce again and see if I can get the log to you - it won't be until next weekend though as I won't be at home until then.

Any ideas on why the synch to the iPhone was unsuccessful? I couldn't see any significant differences in the info tab in iTunes to files that successfully synch.

What OS are you using?

What OS are you using?

Created the MP4 with the beta version on a PC running Vista. Transferred the file via network to another PC running Vista with iTunes Version 8. Iphone operating system Version 2.1. Itunes/Quicktime plays the movie.

Okay, I add a better vista feature. No reason why we Vistas should suffer for those non-Vistas. :)

Back