• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jerking Playback with PowerDVD 7.1 and AnyHDDVD

OliBoe

Hi,
this is my first post - but i´m using the "normal" AnyDVD program for month and i´m loving it! (But i think the upgrade price for the HD-DVD version is too much)

I´m using a HTPC with an passive cooled Nvidia 6600 grafic card connected via DVI to a new Panasonix PT-AX100E. My OS is XP Media Center Edition.
CPU is an Athlon64 X2 4200 running at 2300 MHz and i use the XBOX360 HD-DVD drive.

Using a AnyHDDVD rip from the Harddisk the utilisation of the CPU is at aprox. 50% - so there are enough reserves left...

But nevertheless the playback via PowerDVD 7.1 is jerky or choppy...
I know that the HD DVD´s are at aprox 24 fps.
At the normal european Refreshrate of 50Hz the jerks are for sure extrem.
But there are also disturbing jerks at 60Hz and of course at 48Hz (with Powerstrip)
The Panasonic Beamer is capable of 1920*1080 with 24 fps and this works fine with my grafic card but PowerDVD 7.1 crashes at this refreh rate.

So is there any point i forgot for a smooth HD DVD playback?
I like the superb quality of the HD DVD´s and i like the new anyHDDVD in terms of my nonHDCP graphic-card but until now the playback isn´t "smooth enough"...

Best regards,
OliBoe

Nvidia 6600

Too low end

And you can probably add a GeForce 8800 to that list below

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/require_112_ENU.html

" Graphics Card

* nVidia: GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7800 GTX 512, GeForce 7900 GX2, GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7950 GX2
* ATI: X1600 series, X1800 series, X1900 series
* Video RAM: Graphics card memory requires 256 MB or above

We strongly recommend that you update your graphics card driver to the latest version"

I'm pretty sure for the Pal stuff you will need Reclock.

I'm sure others will help you further.

Last edited:
Hi,
I´m using a HTPC with an passive cooled Nvidia 6600 grafic card connected via DVI to a new Panasonix PT-AX100E. My OS is XP Media Center Edition.
CPU is an Athlon64 X2 4200 running at 2300 MHz and i use the XBOX360 HD-DVD drive.

Best regards,
OliBoe

I feel your pain!!, it is your graphics card. I had a similar problem and I had to replace the graphics card. I had a GeForce 6700, I up'ed to a GeFore 7950OC with 512MB RAM which is HDCP running on a Intel Pentium D dual core 3.2MHz and 3GB RAM. You need a lot of video memory and processing power with the new HD products (HD & BluRay). In your case, some would even suggest more processing power on the CPU end. Good luck!

i use amd 4200 x2 , 7300gt , 1 gig of corsair pro ram the playback is fine :agree: all i had to do was update the card driver , when running the hd advisor it still says my card needs a upgrade but it does indeed playback great8)

Hmm, the graphic card...

I thought that the performance of the card is quite enough because of an overall CPU usage of only 40% by playing back a HD-DVD.
This PC is for my home-cinema only. So i don't need a gamer card with a high 3D performance.
Which should be the cheapest graphiccard for the HDTV purpose?
regards,
OliBoe

IT works !!! GREAT

Hi,

i´ve the solution for my problem with the choppy/jerking playback.

I just tried to DISABLE the hardware-acceleration of my graphic-card in PowerDVD and the playback with my beamer at 1920*1080 in 24p is sssmmmoootthh ;-)

GREAT !!!

I´m lovin´ it !!!

There is a newer version of PowerDVD. It is V7.2.2414. No playback problems with this version.

I just had a problem with PowerDVD giving me jerky playback. Shut down everything I could in Task Manager without results. But Windows Media Player Classic worked fine so started digging into the settings of PowerDVD. Turned out to be under the Video tab, Advanced button. Just unchecked "Perform de-interlacing." Working fine now. No idea how that got checked.

This is for PowerDVD 6 using regular DVDs.

Back