• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Next Logical Step

wdgoldstein

Beta Tester
AnyDVD/HD works great at ripping files to HD. I have also been able to use Nero and other programs to create ISO and NRG files with AnyDVD/HD resident. The problem there is that currently I have not been able to find any software that will mount these files. All report a problem with file structure. That said I will stick with the ripping built into AnyDVD/HD.

In anticipation of lower prices for burners and media, and, in the absence of a CloneDVD/HD I had hoped to save image files that could be mounted for playing and later burned with Nero or the likes. Since this appears not to be possible at this time we need a program like ImgToolBurn that can at some latter date use these rips to create a disc.

In my mind that would be a pretty easy addition to CloneDVD. If the AnyDVD/HD ripping feature were to be added and the procedure automated you would have a full HD release of the product. We have accepted that to compress HD files would detract from the entire purpose of HD-DVD's, and, lower the quality the above approach seems to be the next logical step. Doing so now, would, in all likleyhood, greatly increase the demand for burners and result in much lower prices for drives and media. When Blu-Ray is added to the AnyDVD/HD program I believe there would not even be need for much change in the updated CloneDVD/HD pgm. to accomidate the addition.

IMHO this would be great for the consumer due to lower prices and fair use, and, for Slysoft as it would generate lots of sales.

How about it James & Company?

IMHO this would be great for the consumer due to lower prices and fair use, and, for Slysoft as it would generate lots of sales.

How about it James & Company?

Sure, this is all going to follow. We'll get to this, after Blu-Ray has been added (I made a Blu-Ray prototype today, works nicely so far :)).
Also, there are a few refinements in the pipeline, that will come first...

Sure, this is all going to follow. We'll get to this, after Blu-Ray has been added (I made a Blu-Ray prototype today, works nicely so far :)).

Great to hear this. :D

:clap:

What are your impressions of BD+? Do you think it will be difficult to address BD+? Just curious

Beta

Peer,

I would consider purchasing a blu-ray Burner for this beta if you might make a suggestion as to the most cost effective approach (best I've seen is the lite-on at about $500). Also with PowerDVD Ultra one can have either HD or BD but not both. Any ideas for a work around?

Goldstein

Peer,

I would consider purchasing a blu-ray Burner for this beta if you might make a suggestion as to the most cost effective approach (best I've seen is the lite-on at about $500). Also with PowerDVD Ultra one can have either HD or BD but not both. Any ideas for a work around?

Goldstein

I could be wrong on this, but I thought the idiots at Cyberlink were going to be releasing a patch soon that would allow you to have both installed simultaneously. It was SUPPOSED to be out last week but seems to be delayed. The Cyberlink forum is filled with some pretty pissed off people, too. PowerDVD Ultra most definitely has quite a few bugs that need to be fixed...

Peer,

Goldstein

I am running BOTH versions and it is very easy. Instructions below.

1) Install PowerDVD 7.2 Blu-Ray
2) Rename PowerDVD folder to PowerDVDBD (kill PDserv.exe process if necessary through task manager)
3) Install PowerDVD 7.1 HD (ignore errors about uninstalling previous version)
4) Run DSFMgr.exe
5) Register 2 filters in the PowerDVDBD folder:

NavFilter\CLBDRENav.ax
NavFilter\CLBDROMNav.ax

6) Create shortcut for the PowerDVD version in the PowerDVDBD folder.

That's it. Take about 5 minutes and works like a charm. NO issues with EITHER (so far;)

g

Well...I am sitting along with my Sony Blu Ray drive waiting to test:D

I am running BOTH versions and it is very easy. Instructions below.

1) Install PowerDVD 7.2 Blu-Ray
2) Rename PowerDVD folder to PowerDVDBD (kill PDserv.exe process if necessary through task manager)
3) Install PowerDVD 7.1 HD (ignore errors about uninstalling previous version)
4) Run DSFMgr.exe
5) Register 2 filters in the PowerDVDBD folder:

NavFilter\CLBDRENav.ax
NavFilter\CLBDROMNav.ax

6) Create shortcut for the PowerDVD version in the PowerDVDBD folder.

That's it. Take about 5 minutes and works like a charm. NO issues with EITHER (so far;)

g

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out if/when I purchase a blu-ray drive.

With BD+ no disc AFAIK has been mastered with it as of yet. It will be interesting to see what happens with BD+, BDROM mark and playback on standalones for ripped/burnt media.

Our first impression is, that HD DVD is the much cleaner (IMHO better) design.
Blu-ray looks very "we must release it now!" rushed (IMHO ugly).
I am still not sure how the region coding with Blu-ray drives is supposed to work.
The first version of AnyDVD HD will lack some features of the HD DVD version, like "Remove first play title" and the "Magic File Replacement(tm)". It will probably lack region removal as well, unless someone tells me, how this is supposed to work.
The "Video Blu-Ray" page will be very empty, probably only one "Enable Blu-Ray support" checkbox. :(

Our first impression is, that HD DVD is the much cleaner (IMHO better) design.
Blu-ray looks very "we must release it now!" rushed (IMHO ugly).
I am still not sure how the region coding with Blu-ray drives is supposed to work.
The first version of AnyDVD HD will lack some features of the HD DVD version, like "Remove first play title" and the "Magic File Replacement(tm)". It will probably lack region removal as well, unless someone tells me, how this is supposed to work.
The "Video Blu-Ray" page will be very empty, probably only one "Enable Blu-Ray support" checkbox. :(

You mean this didn't give you all you needed to know?! :D (Sorry, I have the flu so I'm a little bit of a smart ass today) :)

Back