• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Duplicating copy-protected VHS tapes

jaymac42

I'm guessing that SlySoft tools can't help with the above problem but I was wondering if any forum members have any experience with it? I'd appreciate any tips you may have to copy this type of tape, or any suggestions for where to look for help. There once was a thriving hardware market of solutions for CSS tapes, but I'm not sure if any of them are in business anymore.

TIA, jaymac42

There are a couple of ways of circumventing Macrovision. The simplest way is to use what is called a Digital Video Stabilizer. You can build one for next to nothing ($20) providing if you have a schematic and some basic electronic skills. Or you can buy one from eBay for about the same cost $20-25 + shipping. Sima also makes a product carried by Bestbuy that will do the job. However, they generally run somewhere around $75+. A bit to pricey for what it does if you ask me. You could also find a VCR that is Macrovision free or run your signal through a camcorder while making your copy. Personally I would buy the DVS unit and call it a day. I've used one to make literally hundreds of copy protected tapes without flaw. If you have any more questions about Macrovision, please feel free to ask:agree:

Last edited:
Thanks!

There are a couple of ways of circumventing Macrovision. The simplest way is to use what is called a Digital Video Stabilizer. You can build one for next to nothing ($20) providing if you have a schematic and some basic electronic skills. Or you can buy one from eBay for about the same cost $20-25 + shipping. Sima also makes a product carried by Bestbuy that will do the job. However, they generally run somewhere around $75+. A bit to pricey for what it does if you ask me. You could also find a VCR that is Macrovision free or run your signal through a camcorder while making your copy. Personally I would buy the DVS unit and call it a day. I've used one to make literally hundreds of copy protected tapes without flaw. If you have any more questions about Macrovision, please feel free to ask:agree:

Mark, thanks for the advice. I had been toying with the idea of re-recording the tape into my camcorder, then uploading that to my computer. But I don't have the cable needed and I wasn't sure if it would work then anyway. So, as you suggested, I scoured the web for a black box and bought one from ClearPix (http://www.checkhere22.com/index.html) -- I hope they're still in business! Thanks again for your help. Jay

Back