• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error

drew5722

i have done everything in this thread with no luck i can not find a newer version of firmware for my drive i went out and bought new media. made sure everything was updated. nothing changed on my system i have unistalled all software that i thought was the issue. still no luck

i have done everything in this thread with no luck i can not find a newer version of firmware for my drive i went out and bought new media. made sure everything was updated. nothing changed on my system i have unistalled all software that i thought was the issue. still no luck

Answer this fully please:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

Also read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1293

and

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (especially steps 3 and 4)

i have done everything in this thread with no luck i can not find a newer version of firmware for my drive

With Anydvd running on your toolbar, click it. Click "status" on the left. Select the drive letter that corresponds with your burner on the right. Copy and paste the information in that window for me to see here (hold left mouse button and drag mouse over the text; then right click the mouse button; select "copy". Bring the mouse cursor to your post; right click; and then select "paste").

Here is an example of what I want:

"No Disc is present in Drive E:!
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00"

This tells me that my burner is a Plextor PX-760A with firmware 1.06.

Maybe I can update it. Let's find out.

1. I visit www.google.com
2. I search for Plextor
3. I find www.plextor.com
4. I select my country
5. I click on "support"; then I click "downloads"
6. Then I click "firmware upgrades"
7. Then I look for "PX-760", which is my burner model
8. I click the link for PX-760, and the site tells me the latest firmware for
my burner is 1.06, which is what I'm already using, so I don't don't have to download the file, read the instructions very carefully, and run the update. Otherwise, I should, probably, run the firware update if I didn't have 1.06 already installed.

The process for you is going to be similar, except you probably don't have a Plextor burner

information

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S 1.02 505300KME1923061759
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2024704 sectors (3954 MBytes)
Total size: 3716334 sectors (7258 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: STARTREK_FIRSTCONTACT_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
writing

the disk that was ejected for bad media from the first burning i tested on a second burner with no issuses so problem is localized on first machine

the disk that was ejected for bad media from the first burning i tested on a second burner with no issuses so problem is localized on first machine

The problem is with what burner then? The MATSHITA?

been using this software combination for a year what has changed

yes same setup just a different burner

Step 3 is this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3

and step 4 is this:

Click Start, Run
type regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there in your post asking for help.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

I've got a feeling your burner is dying though. I really dislike Matshita.

Edit: What kind of blank media did you buy?

Last edited:
there is no data in upperfilters and lowerfilters data is

AnyDVD
ElbyDelay
Iviaspi
Pfc
drvmcdb
sscdbhk5

test step 3 right now

Iviaspi
Pfc
drvmcdb
sscdbhk5

PFC - Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

Iviaspi - Used by Pinnacle Studio 9.

drvmcdb - Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

sscdbhk5 - A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions. Yet unknown which program it belongs to.

Ok, I would uninstall all Pinnacle software, Windvd creator, discjuggler, sonic, and veratis software--until the four things I just quoted are gone.

(Or you can remove those 4 entries yourself--but the associated software that installed them probably won't work).

no luck with any of that or with step 3

You rebooted after uninstalling the software (or deleting those four drivers from your lowerfilters), right?

If so, then I have no more suggestions, sorry, except to think perhaps your burner is dying.

What type of blank media are you using?

was using verbatim +r went and bought maxell +r w neither worked

was using verbatim +r went and bought maxell +r w neither worked

The last two suggestions I have would be

1) to look for an updated ide/ata busmaster driver from you motherboard's website.

and

2) try Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd-r

Other than that, I'm sorry. Maybe someone else will think of something.

It's possible your burner is dying, and I've never been impressed with Matshita in general.

Sorry, I tried.

Edit: By the way, if you did delete those 4 filter entries manually, the associated burner software that normally installs those enteries are guaranteed not to work now--unless you put those entries back or reinstall the associated software.

Last edited:
Back