• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDReClock

On my sound card I can pitch down accurately to remove the PAL chipmunk voices,

Can you tell us more about that? What is your need to adjust the frame rate? Well, if you are really serious you could say 25fps instead of 24fps is visible, but really that isn't really something that should be so easy to detect (then, otoh, speech tempo can be very subtle, too).

I am surprised by these reports of bugs with Reclock under XP. I guess I shouldn't be - System variability is in the very DNA of Windows PCs! But I use Reclock for 50Hz (PAL), 47.952Hz (Blu-ray and NTSC movies/drama), 59.940Hz (US video). I use Reclock scripting to switch between these rates and all works great. I have an ATI 3850 (cat 8.7), using one onboard Realtek audio s/pdif, XP SP3.

Seeking in files works great. I do not even have the reported problem with H.264/AVC frame rate detection. Both Haali splitter with CoreAVC or MPC-HC decoder and Cyberlink splitter with Cyberlink decoder (in PDVD) seem to do just fine.

I would still, of course, like to see a new, supported product and one which properly supports Vista (and Windows 7, I will probably never migrate my HTPC to Vista), EVR etc.

Windows 7, I will probably never migrate my HTPC to Vista), EVR etc.

Could you elaborate? I am still waiting for any solid reason to switch to Vista so far. The only thing I can see is disadvantages.

Well I see nothing but trouble in a move to Vista for my HTPC. Reclock is but one example. Unless you simply must have VMC I see no advantages. EVR shows nothing which earns its name. The XP alternatives offer just as good PQ AND Reclock supports them.

With XP's continuing popularity and support for XP extended, there will be no need to move 'till 2010/2011 at least.

However, all good things must come to an end and I accept in the end we will have to move to Windows 7. I cannot see it being practical to skip another generation. So I hope Windows 7 will be something we can work with.

Thanks for commenting, JONG. I think your position is more or less the same as mine. ;)

Can you tell us more about that? What is your need to adjust the frame rate? Well, if you are really serious you could say 25fps instead of 24fps is visible, but really that isn't really something that should be so easy to detect (then, otoh, speech tempo can be very subtle, too).

Not sure what you mean exactly - PAL speed up is a very noticeable and irritating problem once you are aware of it. Things move too fast, and sound too high pitched. If you only watch 24fps (or 23.976fps) material on a routine basis, watching TV in PAL land or PAL DVDs is pretty laughable - especially if you have seen the source material already. Because things move faster, the pacing is broken, scenes finish too quickly, dialogue is rushed, action scenes are less easier to follow or look comical. The only thing that works okay at 25fps is sports material, because by its nature its fast-paced and because nobody will have already watched it at 24fps.

There is plenty of material describing the problem out there, and why it exists, and so on.

ReClock was the only way to on-the-fly adjust PAL material.

Personally I had no problems running ReClock on XP, ever.

As for anyone wondering about Vista, the main problems are a few compatibility issues, but they are really few and far between - mostly old games, say before 2000 (which don't really work very often), and obscure apps. As an OS it is much smoother and ergonomic after you've been using it for a few weeks. I still wouldn't recommend upgrading from XP because it's no vast sea-change (especially for HTPC media stuff which needs ReClock), but if you're buying a new computer it's a fine choice.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean exactly ...

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding, obviously (I live in Europe, too, and I never touched PAL-DVDs before 25fps->24fps was available). Never mind about PAL-Speedup-Reverse, I was bugging Ogo for months to make this available before it wasn't ;) But others might want to brush up on the issue here ...

What I meant was: I understand you can do pitch correction on a certain sound card under Vista? I wanted to know more about that.

PS: I have Vista on my notebook and I really hate it, sorry to say so.

Last edited:
Ah.

Well I have a Realtek HD audio card on my laptop, by right-clicking the volume icon in the taskbar, clicking 'Playback devices', then double-clicking 'Speakers', I bring up the properties of my speakers (or my Audio-out, basically).

Then I can goto the 'Enhancements' tab, and in the list there is a 'Pitch shift' option. Setting the pitch shift to -1 is near enough the right amount of pitch down to apply to PAL audio (have compared it to proper region 1 sources directly, and just by ear, and it sounds accurate). If anything it is very slightly too low, I think, but honestly I use it for the few PAL TV shows I have on DVD, and the voice adjustment is good enough as far as on-the-fly pitch-down goes. No more chipmunk!

I've looked but was unable to find exactly how much pitch reduction the -1 applies.

Anyway, I don't know if it's a Vista option or a sound card option - but I would presume it's fairly standard, and better commercial soundcards like Creative would have a pitch adjust.

--

Does anyone know of any other way to adjust PAL material on the fly?

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such."

Unless you're having some sort of troubleshooting issue that isn't being responded to over 24 hrs, don't bump threads unless you're going to add something meaningful. :policeman:

Since this thread has made its way to page 1 again, I'll take the opportunity (and risk the consequences) of asking the following question: Does Slysoft at least plan to do anything with ReClock?

An unqualified, simple "yes" or "no" will suffice (for me:), anyway).

Since this thread has made its way to page 1 again, I'll take the opportunity (and risk the consequences) of asking the following question: Does Slysoft at least plan to do anything with ReClock?

An unqualified, simple "yes" or "no" will suffice (for me:), anyway).

Yes.
:)

Now, James has answered the question. Thanks, James!

This thread does not need to be bumped again for no other reason than bumping it. ReClock hasn't been forgotten.

When there is something to know we will be informed by Slysoft. :)

In the mean time, any out of work coders with a dabbling of brilliance could do worse than make their own efforts via different routes - it's surprising that a decent amount of people use ReClock but that its the only app for doing what it does on the fly. Bizarre.

Months back I asked my friend, and he rolled his chair over, screwed his eyes up at the screen as I showed him ReClock on XP, then showed it him not working on Vista - he grunted 'very doable but you don't have enough money to make me want to do it in Vista' :)

Months back I asked my friend, and he rolled his chair over, screwed his eyes up at the screen as I showed him ReClock on XP, then showed it him not working on Vista - he grunted 'very doable but you don't have enough money to make me want to do it in Vista' :)

And how much money does he need to make it in Linux?:)

When will the fat lady sing?

I'm waiting, like many others also, for the fat lady to stand up and start singing on this subject.

For those not familiar with the funny story about Wagner operas:
when Brunhilde stands up and starts singing, many wives in the audience give their husbands an elbow in the ribs, to mean, "it's over"..... 8)

The voice from the mountaintop has been heard now....

Last edited:
Reclock is able to find the video, and report the FPS, when I playback 1080p mkvs (my HD-DVDs/BDs ripped and converted) on my system.

Zoomplayer

Haali Splitter
Haali Renderer (no vync is possible with this renderer though)
Core AVC or WMV9 decoder
Reclock Renderer
MadFLAC decoder

The renderer can matter. If I use the Haali Renderer with 1080i TS files it reports 29.97fps even WITH Dscaler 1080i version performing IVTC (with VMR9 it reports 23.976fps).

However I'm not using Reclock currently because of the interlaced refresh rate detection bug on later ATi cards :(

Back