• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Store / RIP HD DVD to Hard Drive

ndhunay

I just purchased AnyDVD HDDVD and have started to use it. Great program!

However I need your assistance/advice in how I can accomplish something.

I need to be able to rip/copy/store my HD DVD movies on my NAS, so that I can access them from my various HTPCs throughout my house.

Do I simply "copy" the HD DVD files over to the hard drive? Or can/should I convert it to an ISO and store it?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nav

I just purchased AnyDVD HDDVD and have started to use it. Great program!

However I need your assistance/advice in how I can accomplish something.

I need to be able to rip/copy/store my HD DVD movies on my NAS, so that I can access them from my various HTPCs throughout my house.

Do I simply "copy" the HD DVD files over to the hard drive? Or can/should I convert it to an ISO and store it?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nav
Just pick where you want to rip it to, which would be your NAS.

What if I only want the Main title?

:doh:

Say I only want the main title of a film, no extras and I use any dvd Hd..will nero or any other 3rd party allow me to move the files around like dvd shrink??

This is for my media server...this idea just allows me to save some space.

DetroitBaseball,

But what tool do I use to rip it? The ripper that comes with AnyDVD HD only supports DVDs (it looks for a VIDEOTS folder).

Or am I missing some files that should be included in the installation?

DetroitBaseball,

But what tool do I use to rip it? The ripper that comes with AnyDVD HD only supports DVDs (it looks for a VIDEOTS folder).

Or am I missing some files that should be included in the installation?

Anydvd HD will rip HD-DVD movies to the HDD. But you must have the HD part unlocked. Plus you need an HD-DVD Player to do this too. a dvd rom won't rip an hd movie.

Figured it out...

Sheesh...I feel like a dunce. I figured it out.

Firstly, I do have an HD DVD drive connected to my computer. I'm using the Xbox HD DVD addon drive. I'm able to watch HD DVD movies on it. And with the help of AnyDVD HD, I can even watch them on my television using my computers component video out.

The secret to getting the ripping to working, was realizing/noticing the little "fox" icon in the tray. Right clicking on little foxy gave me a menu of choices. And one of those choices was "Rip HD DVD to disk". Voila!!

Previously I had not noticed the fox hiding in the tray. So I was only looking at the program group. And in the program group, there is an application callled "AnyDVD Ripper". However that program only works on DVDs.

All is good now. I will do some ripping onto my NAS tonight and then test out some streaming from my HTPC. I'll post any interesting findings I come across.

Thanks.
Nav

Back