• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD, AnyDVD-HD

da** didn't know making the statement i made would start all this heat:bowdown:

as i said before i think "SLYSOFT" products are #1 hands down:clap:

i love these products, just thought the $30.00 was a little much.

excuse me i'm their #1 fan.........................

Well, just my opinion bought the HD version upgrade and will sit back untill some OEM comes out with a HD writer rom then it will be worth it to me.

Everything else is useless, I don't want to watch HD on my PC, want my own disc...........

I dont even have my Xbox 360 HD Drive yet or any HD DVD's, but I just purchased my AnyHD DVD upgrade key a short while ago. Why? Because Slysoft has shown me that they care about their product and the people that use them.

I remember years back when I was trying to figure out how to backup my DVD's. At first I tried a few of those bogus do-it-all DVD copiers and they did not do what they were supposed to do and it was'nt until I stumbled on AnyDVD on the Internet (I believe this was before CloneDVD was out) that I was happy with the results of the software. They have been with us thru Arccos and Ripguard and always manage to give us our fair rights to backup what we purchased. Slysoft should be commended for all their efforts and thats why it did not bother me at all sending $30 to support the new HD project before I am ready for it. The only way they can make new products (Blu Ray, etc..) is with our support...Show some support.

Thanks Slysoft :bowdown:

They have been with us thru Arccos and Ripguard and always manage to give us our fair rights to backup what we purchased. Slysoft should be commended for all their efforts and thats why it did not bother me at all sending $30 to support the new HD project before I am ready for it. The only way they can make new products (Blu Ray, etc..) is with our support...Show some support.

I upgraded as well. I don't have an XBox 360 HD-DVD player yet because it would be essentially pointless for me right now. I have an aging system [no, no, not an antique but a few years too old] that simply isn't worth upgrading [*sigh* can you say RDRAM?] so I'll need to build a new one and haven't done it yet.

Regardless, for all the use I've gotten out of Slysoft products [AnyDVD in particular] I feel my support is well worth it. As someone else has mentioned in the past... having owned AnyDVD since 2003 and it now only being a $30 upgrade cost... this is no big deal. Seeing people appreciating their work definitely helps a company want to further evolve a product, IMO.

Once I build a new system I'll grab an XBox 360 HD-DVD player and hook it up to my system and check it out with my HDTV TV/PC widescreen monitor and be ready enjoy my right to fair use :)

I dont even have my Xbox 360 HD Drive yet or any HD DVD's, but I just purchased my AnyHD DVD upgrade key a short while ago. Why? Because Slysoft has shown me that they care about their product and the people that use them.

I remember years back when I was trying to figure out how to backup my DVD's. At first I tried a few of those bogus do-it-all DVD copiers and they did not do what they were supposed to do and it was'nt until I stumbled on AnyDVD on the Internet (I believe this was before CloneDVD was out) that I was happy with the results of the software. They have been with us thru Arccos and Ripguard and always manage to give us our fair rights to backup what we purchased. Slysoft should be commended for all their efforts and thats why it did not bother me at all sending $30 to support the new HD project before I am ready for it. The only way they can make new products (Blu Ray, etc..) is with our support...Show some support.

Thanks Slysoft :bowdown:

I'm in the same boat as you too and I bought it as soon as it went up for sale to just support as they have always been their for the end user.

On the other hand, wasn't their an Actor/Comedian back in the 30's that said that their was a FOOL born every second.:doh:

I have been a customer for slysoft over one year now some others here are 2+ and they stand true to their customers.

AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD

When I bought AnyDVD I was told and it was in writing that I would get all updates to this program. I see now that is a LIE. HD is a Update to the original program and I feel that this should be covered under my original agreement. This is the second or third time this company has done this to me and I am really getting tired of having to re-buy software that is suppose to have "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES" sorry slysoft just using your words against you at this point. I never seen anything in you agreement that said unless you want to change it. I for one think this is bad business and should be consided poor customer support. (Changing a name by adding 2 letters to the end does not make it a new program just a updated program)

When I bought AnyDVD I was told and it was in writing that I would get all updates to this program. I see now that is a LIE. HD is a Update to the original program and I feel that this should be covered under my original agreement. This is the second or third time this company has done this to me and I am really getting tired of having to re-buy software that is suppose to have "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES" sorry slysoft just using your words against you at this point. I never seen anything in you agreement that said unless you want to change it. I for one think this is bad business and should be consided poor customer support. (Changing a name by adding 2 letters to the end does not make it a new program just a updated program)

Another person who doesn't understand *UPDATE* versus *UPGRADE*. They didn't just "add HD" to the end of the name. The HD functionality is COMPLETELY NEW. Why do you people not get it? Your FREE LIFETIME UPDATES are still valid for AnyDVD...the product YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. NO ONE is forcing you to UPGRADE to AnyDVD HD. You're just pissed cause you can't get new functionality for free. Yet you're still getting exactly what you paid for. Boo hoo.

Another person who doesn't understand *UPDATE* versus *UPGRADE*. They didn't just "add HD" to the end of the name. The HD functionality is COMPLETELY NEW. Why do you people not get it? Your FREE LIFETIME UPDATES are still valid for AnyDVD...the product YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. NO ONE is forcing you to UPGRADE to AnyDVD HD. You're just pissed cause you can't get new functionality for free. Yet you're still getting exactly what you paid for. Boo hoo.

A little sarcasm there but yea this is correct. Maybe they should of stuck with anyhd-dvd then if bluray comes call that anybluray dvd?

Then those that bought HD have to pay for bluray feature and so on. OK end of sarcasm.

A little sarcasm there but yea this is correct. Maybe they should of stuck with anyhd-dvd then if bluray comes call that anybluray dvd?

Then those that bought HD have to pay for bluray feature and so on. OK end of sarcasm.

I can't speak for slysoft, but, I'm assuming they won't charge again for BluRay support. Nonetheless, I don't get why people are so worked up over "being forced" to pay for upgraded functionality. If they don't want to pay for it, then don't. But, don't complain that you can't get it for free. No one is stopping these people complaining from using the product they paid for AND getting updates for life. That is, updates for EXISTING functionality. AnyDVD is still there and still works as it always has. And when protections are tweaked and updated, AnyDVD will be updated, for free, to handle that. Is this really so hard to figure out? (No, I'm not yelling at you...just frustrated with people's "I expect everything for free" attitude)

I can't speak for slysoft, but, I'm assuming they won't charge again for BluRay support. Nonetheless, I don't get why people are so worked up over "being forced" to pay for upgraded functionality. If they don't want to pay for it, then don't. But, don't complain that you can't get it for free. No one is stopping these people complaining from using the product they paid for AND getting updates for life. That is, updates for EXISTING functionality. AnyDVD is still there and still works as it always has. And when protections are tweaked and updated, AnyDVD will be updated, for free, to handle that. Is this really so hard to figure out? (No, I'm not yelling at you...just frustrated with people's "I expect everything for free" attitude)
I've heard arguments from both sides, that it should be free and shouldn't. Both make compelling arguments, so ultimately it comes down to if you don't like it, don't buy it, like you said SamuriHL.

I've heard arguments from both sides, that it should be free and shouldn't. Both make compelling arguments, so ultimately it comes down to if you don't like it, don't buy it, like you said SamuriHL.

The thing that gets me is that people feel like they're being robbed somehow. Like AnyDVD has all of a sudden been taken away from them and they're being FORCED into buying something new. HD technology is a new technology. It took time and money to develop AnyDVD HD's functionality. Why shouldn't they get paid for it? Why should it be given to people for free? How is not having that functionality unlocked hurting existing AnyDVD customers? They didn't have it a month ago, and now all of a sudden because it's there and they didn't get it for free, it somehow diminishes the AnyDVD purchase they made? I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I see it as a lot of whining about not getting something for nothing. As I said before, 30 bucks is the cost of ONE movie. How much do you think AnyDVD HD will be used over the next few years? Is that functionality worth an upgrade? To me, and others, yes. If the answer is no, no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned. Keep using AnyDVD as if AnyDVD HD didn't exist and be happy.

Gizmo173 said:
This is the second or third time this company has done this to me and I am really getting tired of having to re-buy software that is suppose to have "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES".
Gizmo173 -

Would you be gracious and explain to Forum Members exactly how this company (SlySoft) caused you to “Second or Third Time” re-buy software that is suppose to have "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES"?

Regards,
Coaster

I'm new to this this forum, a registered user of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, and I fully agree with those who feel the $30 upgrade fee for the HD version is fair. It is new technology and, as others have stated, time, money and tremendous effort had to have gone into its development. The software has worked brilliantly for me since I purchased it last December, and the support for it is obviously first-rate. I will happily pay the $30 upgrade fee for the HD version if and when I need it. No big deal.

Blah, Blah, B;ah, Blah. Now that is out of my system. :D

Yes anydvd hd still gets updated to do the latest movies always has always will. anydvd HD is a new technology and allot has went into it to get it made and release. Anydvd is not a new technology so there is free updates for life, but and notice I said but anydvd hd is NEW technology and doesn't qualify as the same as it is built the same but yet different at the same time. anydvd hd is new technology and is bluray get developed and we must pay an upgrade my 30 or 40.00USD will go towards it due to the fact that it will be invauluable to me to have such technology. SamuriHL I agree with you 100% and have known you about a year or so now from cdfreaks as well as allot of others that are here.

Gizmo173 -

Would you be gracious and explain to Forum Members exactly how this company (SlySoft) caused you to “Second or Third Time” re-buy software that is suppose to have "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES"?

Regards,
Coaster

On this quote yes I want to see this had to rebuy it 3 or 4 times. I think your key was on warez or ebay most likely or you bought it on ebay for this all to happen.

Blah, Blah, B;ah, Blah. Now that is out of my system. :D

ROFLMAO! :)

Yes anydvd hd still gets updated to do the latest movies always has always will. anydvd HD is a new technology and allot has went into it to get it made and release. Anydvd is not a new technology so there is free updates for life, but and notice I said but anydvd hd is NEW technology and doesn't qualify as the same as it is built the same but yet different at the same time. anydvd hd is new technology and is bluray get developed and we must pay an upgrade my 30 or 40.00USD will go towards it due to the fact that it will be invauluable to me to have such technology. SamuriHL I agree with you 100% and have known you about a year or so now from cdfreaks as well as allot of others that are here.

Thanks for that. I probably could have been more diplomatic in my response to them, but, I don't work for Slysoft nor am I a moderator here so I'm taking liberty. :D They tend to forget that there's a business behind the product and developers need to eat. I'm a software developer, so, I'm probably slightly biased on the subject, but, they put real effort into developing AnyDVD HD and should get paid for it. If we have to pay for BluRay, then we have to pay for BluRay. I agree that it's absolutely invaluable functionality for some of us. For those that don't need or want it, you're still good to go with "classic" AnyDVD. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Well look at it this way hd part a one time fee people gripe. Some of these gripers I bet use 1 click dvd and that is an annual fee there. Just my 2¢. DNC has free updates but not these so called upgrades. It's a matter of making some money to survive. If you want free there is that out there if not just wait?

Well look at it this way hd part a one time fee people gripe. Some of these gripers I bet use 1 click dvd and that is an annual fee there. Just my 2¢. DNC has free updates but not these so called upgrades. It's a matter of making some money to survive. If you want free there is that out there if not just wait?

There is that, too. If you want a free solution to HD, there are some out there but they are, IMO, a royal pain to use from what I've seen. AnyDVD HD makes it REALLY easy. And as such, it provides value.

So where are you all storing these huge HD-DVD files...

if you don't mind me asking.

Back