• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping a DVD Movie via FTP, and have AnyDVD doing its thing, possible?

Anthony1uk

Hi,

I was hoping anyone could advise on this.

But at the moment I am having some problems with my PC's DVD drive.

Long story, so removing this aspect entirely at the moment.

But what I am considering is to rip a DVD movie disk using an FTP which I have full access to my Xbox1's DVD drive and am using FlashFXP.

However the movie disk will obviously have CSS and possibly other protections on it.

If I copy over just the DVD's files via the FlashFXP FTP I am getting a green blocky stuttery mess.

Obviously I am guessing this is because as none of the CSS protections have been removed from the vob files and such.

Is there therefore a way to rip the DVD disk via an FTP connection and have AnyDVD do its content removal thing in the process?.

Or another suggested way around this problem.

It seems like it could be possible as I can recall reading people doing something similar with Blu-Rays and a PS3 via FTP to their PC. This is though just standard DVD's with my Xbox1 which should, hopefully be much easier.

Thanks
Anthony

Last edited:
If Anydvd is running on the host machine, then CSS is removed. The stuttering stuff is possibly due to structural protections, which requires the use of Anydvd ripper: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

So, no, you won't be able to accomplish what you want unless you rip first with Anydvd ripper.

Blu-rays don't contain structural protection yet. So obviously Blu-rays will work.

Thanks for the reply, I would suspect the host machine would be in this case the xbox.

But as I say I am not doing anything with the Xbox, I am simply accessing the contents of the DVD drive via FTP and ripping the disk straight from the drive through FTP.

The disk does not have any new protections on it, just CSS, it was a very old movie.

So I guess what I am asking if there is a way to set my PC to think the FTP connected DVD drive is actually a one physically connected to my PC directly so AnyDVD will kick in and remove the CSS on there.

I am guessing FlashFXP is not the right program for this, but is there anything else anyone can suggest.

I am sure somebody when they were in their testing mood has tried something like this before.

Thanks

So I guess what I am asking if there is a way to set my PC to think the FTP connected DVD drive is actually a one physically connected to my PC directly so AnyDVD will kick in and remove the CSS on there.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that's possible. I believe you need Anydvd running on the system containing the drive, unless you are somehow able to access the X-box dvd drive directly (not via FTP), so that it appears in Windows Explorer, for example.

Last edited:
Back