• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD plus.....

aiko714

I am looking for a solution to back-up my commercial DVD's with the highest quality I can.

Mostly DVD-9 to two DVD-5's.

Sometimes DVD-9 to DVD-9.

I just read in a (great) sticky post that for the first instance I would need AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

For the second I would need CloneCD.

Where do CloneDVD and CloneCD overlap in features?
Do I need to get AnyDVD plus both Clones to do what I want to do?

Thanks.

Anydvcd is just a decrypter and clonedvd2 will rip and burn, clonecd will only do dual layer, clonedvd2 will do dual or single layer dvd's.

So yes you want clonedvd2 and anydvd.

Where do CloneDVD and CloneCD overlap in features?
Do I need to get AnyDVD plus both Clones to do what I want to do?

Thanks.

If you want to retain the original layer break when using Verbatim +R DL media, for example, you'll want Clonecd. Clonedvd2 will not retain the original layer break position when using +R DL media.

WS...thanks for the good information. Why would it be important to retain the original layer break position with DL? If that is not retained would it possibly affect running out of space on the second layer?

WS...thanks for the good information. Why would it be important to retain the original layer break position with DL? If that is not retained would it possibly affect running out of space on the second layer?

No. Basically it just has to do with where a pause occurs (if at all, during playback; do you like where the pause occurs
in the original movie? If so, then use Clonecd.)

There's a four page thread here, which after you finish reading, should answer your questions:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=714

Last edited:
WS,

It did...I thank you...I would praise you like some of the others do but don't want to embarrass you…too much…besides what’s the big deal about being clear and concise?

Thanks again.

Back