• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autostart in Vista?

Maximushq

What's the trick to get anydvd to autostart in vista? I saw a few threads here about it, but no solution yet. Is vista blocking it from auto starting or is this a problem with anydvd? In any case it would be nice to have a solution or at least know a solution is in the works. It's not the end of the world or anything cause I can manually start it, but just a minor annoyance. Thanks.

On a positive note I have been a registered user of anydvd and clonedvd2 for some time now and it has never let me down when installed on winxp.

The trick is right clicking on the little fox icon and selecting "Autostart." It works fine for me.

Thanks for the reply, but that trick is not tricky enough. I already had that set. The only way I can make any progress is to set anydvd to run as administrator always by right clicking on it's icon, going to properties, and then under compatibility tab I set it to run as administrator. This way after rebooting it at least tries to start, but now windows pops up a balloon in the system tray saying windows has blocked a startup program. Any idea on how to make vista allow anydvd to start without flagging it as not having permission to run?

I really have no idea, AnyDVD autostarts for me on Vista even with UAC enabled. I have seen other people report this problem before though.

Yeah it's werid, if I can figure out where to go to add or allow anydvd to be trusted or allowed the right permissions to autostart then I think it will work. Just have to research it and see what I come up with.

Yeah it's werid, if I can figure out where to go to add or allow anydvd to be trusted or allowed the right permissions to autostart then I think it will work. Just have to research it and see what I come up with.
Other members and staff will help you, they know more than me.

Hi :)
This does seem to give a mixed response. Some work, some don't. I have heard one a case where it starts automatically on some ocassions but not on others despite the settings remaining constant. Suggest you try Right click Fox* > Goto properties click > Goto Compatability tab > Check the run compatability mode box & select run as in Windows XP SP2 mode.

*This is the Fox shortcut/menu, not in taskbar one.

Last edited:
From what I can find, the problem is with UAC (User Account Control) in Vista.
There is a free software to disable UAC called TweakUAC. It is an executable file so no install is required.

I have done a lot of testing with AnyDVD and Vista, if you have UAC disabled then AnyDVD autostarts as it should, but if you have UAC enabled what you need to do is this, when you start your computer and you get to the logon screen, let the hard drive activity die down before you logon to Windows and AnyDVD should autostart, this also goes for CloneCD's system tray icon.

From what I can find, the problem is with UAC (User Account Control) in Vista.
There is a free software to disable UAC called TweakUAC. It is an executable file so no install is required.
Vista allows you to turn off UAC. Why use a third party tool?

I do not use, or plan to use in the near future, Vista so I wasn't aware that UAC could be disabled by the user. Thank you for clarifying that.
It's not easy for an average user to disable it, but it can be done in a few minutes.

EDIT: Actually, you can just use run, msconfig, and go to the tools tab and disable it right there, easier than I had previously thought.

EDIT: It even shows you the registry key. C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Last edited:
All you have to do to disable UAC is click start then click on the picture at the top of the start menu, this will open your user account, you will then see Turn User Account Control on or off at the bottom of the list in the main window, it's that easy.

All you have to do to disable UAC is click start then click on the picture at the top of the start menu, this will open your user account, you will then see Turn User Account Control on or off at the bottom of the list in the main window, it's that easy.
Thank you. Another way, easy too.

Yeah the UAC is a bit of a pain. If it had some kind of allow list that you could add to it would help, but I guess that might defeat it's purpose.

Auto-Start 6.1.2.5

Still not working with this version when UAC is enabled :doh:
When will this be fixed ??

Does it work with UAC disabled?

I just disabled UAC and upon first reboot AnyDVD autostarted. But, in my case its difficult to say that disabling UAC solved it, because in my situation AnyDVD did autostart once in a while.

We'll see as I will leave it disabled.

I just disabled UAC and upon first reboot AnyDVD autostarted. But, in my case its difficult to say that disabling UAC solved it, because in my situation AnyDVD did autostart once in a while.

We'll see as I will leave it disabled.
With UAC enabled you must leave the hard drive activity to die down before loging on to Windows, ie: untill the hard drive light stops flashing, a bit of a pain but it works.

Back