• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My computer does not recognize my backups..

Like what? What info do you need?

Is it all backups, or just the ones created with CloneDVD?
Is it Windows that doesn't recognize the disks, a pc player, or other proggy?
Any problems with original DVD's?
Do the disks play on a standalone?
List any steps you have taken to troubleshoot the problem.

Is it all backups, or just the ones created with CloneDVD?
Is it Windows that doesn't recognize the disks, a pc player, or other proggy?
Any problems with original DVD's?
Do the disks play on a standalone?
List any steps you have taken to troubleshoot the problem.

It appears to be just the backups that I make with clonedvd.
My computer is the only thing that doesn't recognize the discs. They play fine in a dvd player.
No problems with the original discs.
And I really haven't been able to determine the problem and try to troubleshoot it. I am at a loss. I was hoping that other had haved this problem too, but it appears I'm the only one. I just don't get it...

What type of media are you using, and do you have Auto Play enabled for the drive?

What type of media are you using, and do you have Auto Play enabled for the drive?

I am using HP DVD-R
And autoplay is enabled.

Bear in mind this is a very recent change. I have pulled out old dvd's that I have backed up, and they are fine in my computer. It's just the recent ones. anydvd won't even recognize them.

I am using HP DVD-R
And autoplay is enabled.

Bear in mind this is a very recent change. I have pulled out old dvd's that I have backed up, and they are fine in my computer. It's just the recent ones. anydvd won't even recognize them.

Same brand/type media, or is this problem coinsiding with a media change?
If not, I would try disabling Auto Play, (choose take no action for DVD Video) and see if this helps.
Additionally, make sure your drive has the latest firmware.

Same brand/type media, or is this problem coinsiding with a media change?
If not, I would try disabling Auto Play, (choose take no action for DVD Video) and see if this helps.
Additionally, make sure your drive has the latest firmware.

I appreciate your assistance. I have tried disabling autoplay, and I have the latest firmware for my drive. I just don't get it...:doh:

Won't play in PC?

Make sure you have DVD Decoding Software! Like Power DVD, Nero Showtime, etc. If you do, you should try and use it to play the backups.:agree:
I appreciate your assistance. I have tried disabling autoplay, and I have the latest firmware for my drive. I just don't get it...:doh:

Is the problem consistant with 1 brand/type media?

I think I may have figured out my problem. I think DVD-R is the problem..I'll get back to you..

Thanks everyone for trying to help. Please keep an eye here for my report..

Ok, strange, but I seem to have figured it out. It appears as though when I backup onto a DVD-R my computer will not recognize the disc and won't let me backup a backup copy.

BUT...backing up onto a DVD+R works perfectly fine..I wonder why...Any ideas?

Ok, strange, but I seem to have figured it out. It appears as though when I backup onto a DVD-R my computer will not recognize the disc and won't let me backup a backup copy.

BUT...backing up onto a DVD+R works perfectly fine..I wonder why...Any ideas?

Is it one brand of DVD -R giving the symptoms, or all -R media?
If the issue all along, has been trying to backup a backup, disabling AnyDVD may be your answer.
You haven't given any particulars on your DVD drive. (ie: make, model, firmware..... Is your drive compatable with all formats, and were the disks in question actually created with your DVD drive with CloneDVD?)

Back