• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

getting garbled chapters

wolter

Everytime i try to burn a dvd i am getting chapters that appear garbled. however it seems to only be one chapter or so about halfway through the movie. it appears to play smoothly on my computer however. I have tried to movies on several different dvd players so it is not a trouble with that. any sugestions??

Everytime i try to burn a dvd i am getting chapters that appear garbled. however it seems to only be one chapter or so about halfway through the movie. it appears to play smoothly on my computer however. I have tried to movies on several different dvd players so it is not a trouble with that. any sugestions??

1) This isn't an Anydvd issue.

2) This is an issue with your choice of blank media (try better stuff like Taiyo Yuen's 8x line for better compatibility), your burn speed (try burning slower), your burner's firmware (look for a firmware upgrade from your burner's website), your burner (which you didn't mention), your standalone dvd players (which you also didn't specify), or any combination thereof.

Others may help you further.

You also didn't mention the burning application you were using.

Last edited:

Sounds like your disk I use Verbatim and Maxell and have had no trouble yet.

sorry really new at all this.

i put dvd in, check anydvd make sure it is showing ok there, then i use dvdshrink and burn using nero. I am using HP dvd-r 8x disks. I will try a slower burnspeed and see if that helps.

I am using HP dvd-r 8x disks. I will try a slower burnspeed and see if that helps.

For better compatibility with standalone players, I would try Taiyo Yuden 8x blank media and see if that helps. Quite simply, some standalone players are not fond of blank media (and certain types of blank media).

what movie is it your trying to backup could be it wont work with shrink

what movie is it your trying to backup could be it wont work with shrink

No, the backup plays on wolter's computer.This means Anydvd did its job (and if it's movie only, that's not an issue anyway).

Last edited:
I have used several different standalone dvd players. all different makes. i have tried several different movies as well: RV, the Departed BTTERFLY Effect 2 and they all do the same thing.

Does it make a difference if you use a dual layer blank disk if it is a dual layer movie? could it have anything to do with my burner? my brither said it could be that the burning is not moving properly when it is burning, is that possible?

wolter
Most likely, your problem is with your media. Get some Verbatim or Ty discs and I would bet your problem will be resolved.

Back