• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Problem

dynnlickey

I saw another person belittled on CDFreaks with this problem, so please take it easy on me. After downloading the latest AnyDVD update, my burning software does not recognize the existence of a blank disc in my burning drive
(TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 1009). Likewise, AnyDVD, which used to recognize the media in the drive as something along the lines of "blank recordable media" indicates that "No Disc is present in Drive E:!"

My son recently downloaded iTunes, and I initially blamed it on a conflict with that software. However, I removed that software and still have the problem. I rolled back AnyDVD to a prior version, but still have the problem. I have also done an uninstall/reinstall to no avail.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening. I have been successfully using AnyDVD with both CloneDVD2 and 1ClickDVD for quite some time, but my good fortune has apparently come to any end. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Kraig

I saw another person belittled on CDFreaks with this problem, so please take it easy on me. After downloading the latest AnyDVD update, my burning software does not recognize the existence of a blank disc in my burning drive
(TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 1009).

1. Use http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1663

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 (do step 8 for me please with a commercial dvd movie)

Stick a movie dvd in the drive, and do step 8 please.

Last edited:
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 (do step 8 for me please with a commercial dvd movie)

Stick a movie dvd in the drive, and do step 8 please.

If the movie information is showing in this step, then Anydvd is working properly.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

"If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it when you have a movie inserted in that drive. Some drives' firmware may report the wrong information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12
(Zebedee's Anydvd works fine)"

If Anydvd is giving you no information when a movie is in your optical reader--then you have a problem. And if that is happening, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and read fully please

Thank you

Still having problems

Thanks for the lightning-fast response. I did Step 1, and I still have the same problem. I put in a commercial movie, and I have the same problem with a pre-recorded disc as I do with a blank disc. Here is my "Status":

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 1009

I inserted the same movie into my Drive D, and the movie loaded just fine. Thanks again.

Kraig

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H653A D300 1009

You get this message with a movie in that drive, yes?

1) Disable Anydvd (right click-->exit). Look in Windows Explorer (go to E: ). Do you see a video_ts folder?
Do you see anything at all?

2) Will the movie play from your E: drive with Anydvd disabled?

Update

I followed the instructions on your second submission to no avail. I am not certain how to "uninstall your Busmaster IDE driver crap!", if that is in fact the problem. Thanks again.

I have nothing

You get this message with a movie in that drive, yes?

1) Disable Anydvd (right click-->exit). Look in Windows Explorer (go to E: ). Do you see a video_ts folder? NO!
Do you see anything at all? NO!

2) Will the movie play from your E: drive with Anydvd disabled?
NO!

It is a new computer. Perhaps my issue is with Dell, and not AnyDVD. Do you agree?
Thanks.

NO!

It is a new computer. Perhaps my issue is with Dell, and not AnyDVD. Do you agree?
Thanks.

Then it's not an Anydvd issue. Anydvd can't work if your drive doesn't work. When Anydvd is disabled, it's not running, so that eliminates Anydvd being at fault.

Uninstall Anydvd. Keep your license key file backed up. Try again. Can you read anything from using your E: drive? Can you get the movie to play? If not, there's no way Anydvd can be at fault.

Start-->All programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->uninstall

Last edited:
Thanks

Then it's not an Anydvd issue. Anydvd can't work if your drive doesn't work. When Anydvd is disabled, it's not running, so that eliminates Anydvd being at fault.

Thank you very much. Sorry to take up your time. I should have checked that other stuff, but the death of the drive coincided directly with the installation of the new AnyDVD, so I just assumed it was an AnyDVD issue, especially when I saw others with similar problems. Thanks for the unbelievably quick, effective assistance.

Kraig

Thank you very much. Sorry to take up your time. I should have checked that other stuff, but the death of the drive coincided directly with the installation of the new AnyDVD, so I just assumed it was an AnyDVD issue, especially when I saw others with similar problems. Thanks for the unbelievably quick, effective assistance.

Kraig

Uninstall Anydvd. Keep your license key file backed up safely. Try again. Can you read anything from using your E: drive? Can you get the movie to play? If not, there's no way Anydvd can be at fault.

Start-->All programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->uninstall

Dang Webslinger, it seems like you are continually pressing F5 waiting for a response.

I like to fix stuff quickly--and ensure it stays fixed. But no . . . I'm not hammering the site too much, I think. :D

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Sorry to take up your time.

I wasn't sure if you tried uninstalling Anydvd, so I didn't really respond to what you wrote. Anyway, you didn't take up my time, and thank you for your kind words.

Time

Yep, that's why they pay you the BIG bucks.

Back