• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

what am i doing wrong?

I am using DVD Xcopy along with AnyDVD and I am getting this error that the disk is CSS encrypted and cant be backed up. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

I am using DVD Xcopy along with AnyDVD and I am getting this error that the disk is CSS encrypted and cant be backed up. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1402 1010 02/18/00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1994096 sectors (3894 MBytes)
Total size: 3988181 sectors (7789 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEVIL_PRADA_WS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Are you still getting the CSS error in DVDXcopy?
Remember, you need to keep Anydvd running.

Are you still getting the CSS error in DVDXcopy?

If you are, click on the red fox icon. On the left, go down to "program settings".
On the right, select "safe mode".

Try DVDXcopy again (keep anydvd running when you're using dvdxcopy).

I have found that AnyDVD errors popping up regarding copy protected discs and/or CSS keys are sometimes caused by an optical drive, either a DVD-ROM reader or a DVD writer used for reading, which has not had the region code properly set on first use. Usually, a new drive will automatically set the region code the same as the first disc you put in it after the drive is installed.

If, however, the first disc inserted happens to be a copy from which the region code has been removed or set to some universal region code or is from a foreign region, many problems can develop on subsequent use.

Check all your DVD drives to be sure that the region code has been properly set for the region that you're in and, if not, change the region code to the correct one for your region.

Back