• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD Script Code

HD Newbie

Do you know if AnyDVD HD decrypts the scripts that run the HD DVD's? In other words, will I be able to see and modify the actual scripts that the studio puts on the discs?

It can modify XML scripts.

Does that mean that you would be able to view all the scripts and files on the disc and then modify them in my own code editor? Or is there some sort of GUI that AnyDVD provides to edit only certain XML scripts without allowing the user to see them?

More specifically, I would like to know if the user has full access to all the scripts and files on the disc, ie; xml, js, xpl, png, jpg, etc. Allowing full editing and control of those files as they see fit.

Does that mean that you would be able to view all the scripts and files on the disc and then modify them in my own code editor? Or is there some sort of GUI that AnyDVD provides to edit only certain XML scripts without allowing the user to see them?

More specifically, I would like to know if the user has full access to all the scripts and files on the disc, ie; xml, js, xpl, png, jpg, etc. Allowing full editing and control of those files as they see fit.
I don't think AnyDVD-HD allows you to do that.

I don't think AnyDVD-HD allows you to do that.
You don't even have a HD DVD drive, yet you comment on every HD DVD related topic.

To answer the original question:
You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.

You don't even have a HD DVD drive, yet you comment on every HD DVD related topic.

You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.
It doesn't matter, I know some things about AnyDVD-HD from what I've read.

I'd prefer to get the answer from someone who has the AnyDVD HD software and has actual experience doing this. Or from a representative from SlySoft.

Getting information from anyone else is just ridiculous... for obvious reasons.

I'd prefer to get the answer from someone who has the AnyDVD HD software and has actual experience doing this. Or from a representative from SlySoft.

:confused: James is a Slysoft developer. When he tells you something about Anydvd HD (he is one of the authors of the program), it would be wise to pay attention. :agree:

James said:

Last edited:
:confused: James is a Slysoft developer. When he tells you something about Anydvd HD (he is one of the authors of the program), it would be wise to pay attention. :agree:
The poster was referring to me. I guess because I don't own a HD-DVD drive I can't try to help people. :confused: :confused:

Cool. Thanks James. Does AnyDVD decrypt all of the scripts and files on the disc including the javascript and png's or just the XML? Can I open and edit these files in another script editor?

The poster was referring to me. I guess because I don't own a HD-DVD drive I can't try to help people. :confused: :confused:

While it's nice to want to help people (an admirable quality), it might be best to familiarize yourself with the what the program can do first by using it. (Just a friendly suggestion . . . no offense intended)

While it's nice to want to help people (an admirable quality), it might be best to familiarize yourself with the what the program can do first by using it. (Just a friendly suggestion . . . no offense intended)
I have learned a lot about it just by reading. I won't be able to use it for a long time because I refuse to pay so much for an HD-DVD drive.

Hi, HD Newbie!

To fully answer your question: not momentarily.
Though I like the thought of this personally and will keep it in mind. Actually in an early testing phase we did unpack the aca-archives and meddle with those files a little. But this, unfortunately doesn't really fit into the way AnyDVD works...

If I can find the time, I might write a small tool that does unpack the acas and then re-archives them again, then post it in the forum for download.
This way this might blend nicely with AnyDVDs "magic file replacement (tm)" :) (keep in mind, that size limits apply, you can't actually grow a file on the disc)

I'll discuss that with James, see what's best to do.
If anyone needs this functionality, let us know here...

Hi, HD Newbie!

Though I like the thought of this personally and will keep it in mind. Actually in an early testing phase we did unpack the aca-archives and meddle with those files a little. But this, unfortunately doesn't really fit into the way AnyDVD works...

If I can find the time, I might write a small tool that does unpack the acas and then re-archives them again, then post it in the forum for download.
Will say: After he has cracked Blu-ray. :D

Hi, HD Newbie!

This way this might blend nicely with AnyDVDs "magic file replacement (tm)" :) (keep in mind, that size limits apply, you can't actually grow a file on the disc)

I'll discuss that with James, see what's best to do.
If anyone needs this functionality, let us know here...

Excellent! Thanks for your reply. If I'm understanding the way AnyDVD HD works, the aca's are being decrypted already. It's just a matter of weather or not a future version of AnyDVD HD un-archives the aca to allow the user to make changes and then re-pack the file into a useable aca again.

If I'm understanding the way AnyDVD HD works, the aca's are being decrypted already. It's just a matter of weather or not a future version of AnyDVD HD un-archives the aca to allow the user to make changes and then re-pack the file into a useable aca again.

Sure, the acas are being decrypted already - otherwise the HD-DVDs don't play.
Unpacking is no big deal.

After he has cracked Blu-ray. :D

Well, finally people get the picture.
I'm being kept in a cave with a 25W lightbulb. When the light's off, I'm allowed to sleep.
The only things I'm allowed to say are "Yes master" and "Will do master".
For all this I get a soup a day. Last month I got a raise for unlocking HD-DVD and they added a slice of bread, so why complain... ;)

Back