• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Sorry, Resource data too large"

kbritt14

I'm pretty new to this.
Trying to copy an original DVD and I get this error. I'm using DVD-R media. Are there original DVDs that cannot be compressed down to copy??

I'm pretty new to this.
Trying to copy an original DVD and I get this error. I'm using DVD-R media. Are there original DVDs that cannot be compressed down to copy??

Did you select "dvd-5" in Clonedvd2's quality bar?

Thanks!
Is burning double layer with Verbatim +R DL a better quality than using single layer??

There's no compression at all when you use a double layer disc. So, yes, the picture quality will be better.

I am not fond of compression. I will either split video across two single layer discs using Clonedvd2--or use Verbatim +R DL media with Clonecd.

There is an obvious cost savings in not having to buy Verbatim+R DL media.

Here is my preferred method of backing up movies:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

That said, most people use cheaper single layer blanks and compress.

Last edited:
There's no compression at all when you use a double layer disc. So, yes, the picture quality will be better.

I am not fond of compression. I will either split video across two single layer discs using Clonedvd2--or use Verbatim +R DL media with Clonecd.

Thanks for the loads of information. Can't wait to try it out!

Webslinger...

--or use Verbatim +R DL media with Clonecd.

if....I don't care where the layer break is... is it OK to use Clone DVD (without CloneCD) with Verbatim +R DL media. My understanding is that CloneDVD will put the layer break at the "nearest chapter break"...and that is OK with me...so, will I be OK using Clone DVD on +R DL's without Clone CD?
....BTW, I usually split those longies over 2 discs...but I just came into a fortune, and now can afford those new 10X Verbatim +R DL's...

Thanks, Webslinger!

The 2.4x Verbatim +R DLs are usually advertised up to 8x, and I haven't had any problems writing to them at 10x either. :clap:

Appreciate the Tip!....however, my NEC ND RW 3520A
will only burn at "4X on DL media"...so I just waste $$ buying 10X DL media, don't I?....but "4X" seems be a "safe" burn speed for DL's anyway.

will only burn at "4X on DL media"...so I just waste $$ buying 10X DL media, don't I?....but "4X" seems be a "safe" burn speed for DL's anyway.

Generally, 4x works very well with the Verbatim +R DLs.

Generally, 4x works very well with the Verbatim +R DLs. :agree:

I have a big stash of Verb 2.4X DL and use CloneCD for the most part.

A couple of times, when I forgot to downstep the CloneCD burn speed setting from the 8X setting I had last used for my Verb SL disks down to 2.4X, the burn speed progressed at about a 2.4X regardless of the higher speed setting.

So is CloneDVD capable of burning at overspeed but CloneCD does not? Just curious, will probably continue to keep burn speed set at 2.4X.

Whisperer

So is CloneDVD capable of burning at overspeed but CloneCD does not? Just curious, will probably continue to keep burn speed set at 2.4X.

Whisperer

I am under the impression both programs follow the information given by the firmware in the burner for the specific blank media you're using, but I could be mistaken.

Back