• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove region code

cyngular

Hi,

I've looked for my specific issue and have not found it. I apologize if I've repeated another thread.

I'm running AnyDVD v.6.1.2.3 and am trying to copy a german dvd called Pettersson und Findus - a region 2 dvd - for use in region 1. My computer dvd players/burners are set to region 1 and I use DVDShrink/DVD Decrypter to burn a copy from the AnyDVD VideoTS files. Problem is, the new DVD will not play in any of my dvd players. I can only assume it's because the region code is wrong (I have no problem copying and playing dvds with a region code of 1).

When I insert the dvd into my computer, AnyDVD shows the following:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
TSSTCORP DVD-ROM TS-H352C DE02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2201874 sectors (4300 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PETTERSSON_UND_FINDUS
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've done the process 4 times and have wasted 4 dvd-r discs.

Thank you,
Cyn

You need a PAL / NTSC DVD Player.

Yes, Anydvd does not covert video from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

There is third party software that does convert, but Slysoft products won't.

Last edited:
This product seems to be somewhat at a high demand it seems any possibility to empliment it in the next update to clonedvd2 maybe? Just a thought.

This product seems to be somewhat at a high demand it seems any possibility to empliment it in the next update to clonedvd2 maybe? Just a thought.
Yeah, I've seen atleast 5 posts in the last week about converting PAL to NTSC and vice versa.

Blaze Media Pro will convert almost anything.
What!?!?!?!?!?!? $50!?!?!?!?!?!!? Where does it say it converts PAL to NTSC?
Blaze Media Pro is an all-in-one audio/video converter (two-way among CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, WMV, FLIC, etc.), and also an editor and recorder. In addition, it can burn audio, video (VCD/SVCD), and data CDs and DVDs. Other features include video capture, media management, audio merge, drag and drop support, MP3/WMA/OGG and proprietary WAV tag editing, CDDB support and more. Blaze Media Pro provides a compact, skinnable interface with integrated media player

What!?!?!?!?!?!? $50!?!?!?!?!?!!? Where does it say it converts PAL to NTSC?

# Convert between PAL and NTSC video standards using the software's video converter feature
# Add over 30 effects and color adjustment operations to your video for powerful enhancement and alternation

My point is I don't as well as other to want to get another product though. But there it is since you asked DB. :D

Aside from the PAL vs. NTSC issue, doesn't this
give a clue?

It appears that the burnt copy is still region coded to 2.

Aside from the PAL vs. NTSC issue, doesn't this
give a clue?

It appears that the burnt copy is still region coded to 2.
the original is region 2, and always will be :agree: , with anydvd running, the back up should be region free

Last edited:
Back