• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Extender That Can Handle HD DVD Stream

mick2006

Does anyone know of a media extender that can handle a ripped HD DVD? I know there are HD media streamers out there, but I don't know of any of them thant can handle the HD DVD codecs.

I have the Dlink Media Lounge and although it works VERY well streaming standard copy DVDs I have had little luck streaming HD DVDs. Problem is you need to keep the file size below 3GB and its really hard to do that if you want a high quality rip of an HD DVD.

If anybody has found a work around here, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Jrexi

I have the Dlink Media Lounge and although it works VERY well streaming standard copy DVDs I have had little luck streaming HD DVDs. Problem is you need to keep the file size below 3GB and its really hard to do that if you want a high quality rip of an HD DVD.

If anybody has found a work around here, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Jrexi

You have this box already? I read it's not available until Q2

"Price and Availability

The D-Link Draft 802.11n MediaLounge HD Player (DSM-750) is expected to ship in early Q2, 2007 to the company's network of retail outlets, value-added resellers and distributors. Pricing will be announced when the product ships."

You have this box already? I read it's not available until Q2

"Price and Availability

The D-Link Draft 802.11n MediaLounge HD Player (DSM-750) is expected to ship in early Q2, 2007 to the company's network of retail outlets, value-added resellers and distributors. Pricing will be announced when the product ships."

bing, I have the DSM-520, not the 750. I'm not sure what the difference between the 2 will be as the 520 is HD capable. Maybe the 750 can exceed the 3GB limit, but if that's so, I'm thinking the 520 can be upgraded via firmware.

Back