• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sweeney Todd clones...almost

mustc

I used cloneCD (not clondvd) to backup Sweeny Todd DVD. The new one plays but Media Center does not download DVD info from AMG the way it does with the orginal.

Using Memorex DL +R media with a matshista (???) Drive.

Any guesses?

I would guess that media centre is confused by a region free backup, and consequently cannot find any matching information to download.

Your choice of blank media leaves much to be desired, regardless (and Matshita drives should be avoided)

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 and read through the FAQ (especially #16 and read through the info provided in #12).

You should ensure the booktype of your backup is "dvd-rom" and not "dvd+r".

Last edited:
Must be something else..

I don't think it is the drive or the media since I don't have this problem with other backups (Pirates, Inconvenient Truth, Serenity). I don't mean to discount your opinion on my hardware or media, I just think it would fail on other accounts if that were the case.

Secondly, the DVD backup plays fine, so I would guess it burned correctly. I will investigate your region idea and report back.

Scott

PS. I am so impressed by how well you support your products. Do not regret buing the suite of them at all.

I don't think it is the drive or the media

I was just talking generally. Both Matshita and that Memorex junk (use Verbatim +R DL preferably made in Singapore or MAM-A +R DL 8x) should be avoided. I don't believe either are specifically related to this problem however

Secondly, the DVD backup plays fine, so I would guess it burned correctly.

Probably. But if media centre is downloading information based on information provided from original discs, and if you're using your backup instead of the original disc, I could see how media centre would be confused. You're using a region free, unprotected backup. Media Centre may be having problems trying to find a match (maybe there's different info to be downloaded for different regions). That would be my guess (I could be wrong).

I don't work for Slysoft, by the way, so these aren't my products. I'm just an end-user, who happens to moderate.

Update: problem growing

I went to anydvd and cleared all the check marks having to do with region removal. Made another clone with the latest version of CloneCD and no go. It plays fine, but it does not download get info from AMG. Next, I made a clone of a DVD disk that I where I was able to make a clone and get AMG data downloaded from AMG. That did not work!

I see these possibilities I need to investigate:
  1. I inadvertently changed a setting
  2. Something changed in the latest version of CloneCD
  3. Something changed in Media Center
  4. Something Changed in the AMG service

I am going to find another DVD player that gets info from AMG and see what happens. Can you think of any other possibilities I should look into?

Can you think of any other possibilities I should look into?

Hmmm. Is the backup booktyped to "dvd-rom"?

Also keep in mind if you left Anydvd at default settings after creating your backup, your backup would still appear region-free to your entire computer.

Other than that (and the possibility that you may be producing slightly bad burns using junk blank media), I have no idea.

Something changed in the last version

Well I am out of things to check: :bang:

• Old backups still get data and case art from AMG so nothing changed with them or Media center. Even after flushing buffers and registry entries.
  • Anydvd does not display any difference between the backups that can get AMG data and those that don't. The old backups are even region free.
  • I have used Memorex and verbatium +DL media with the same results
  • Even though the new backups do not get AMG data, they all play flawlessly.

And this problem started after the last update. Is there any other data I can provide to help pin this down? :(

And this problem started after the last update. Is there any other data I can provide to help pin this down? :(

I'm doubtful that it will help, but do this:

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.5.2: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6452.exe

2. Do this with the backup and with the original disc:

• Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  • Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  • Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  • Select "Create Logfile".
  • Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  • A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  • Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  • You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  • When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  • If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  • A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  • Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  • Click "upload".
  • Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

I'll send a private message to James, but that doesn't mean he will necessarily respond.

I used cloneCD (not clondvd) to backup Sweeny Todd DVD. The new one plays but Media Center does not download DVD info from AMG the way it does with the orginal.

Using Memorex DL +R media with a matshista (???) Drive.

Any guesses?
This depends on the AnyDVD settings. Backups will only have the same ID, if you disable *all* settings which might change files. (You must know that the "ID" is nothing more than a hash over some files - if they are changed, the hash will differ)
This will never work for structural protected discs.

Still looks like something changed in CloneCD

I just tried making a new backup of X-men, where I have a good backup using a previous version of CloneCD. Both backups were made with the default settings in AnyDVD. I never changed them. If I play the backups up Media player, the old one gets the DVD title and cover art downloaded. The new backup is listed as Unknown DVD with no title infomation. I am guessing, but I think I made the working backup some time in January, so would be what ever version was current then.

I just tried making a new backup of X-men, where I have a good backup using a previous version of CloneCD. Both backups were made with the default settings in AnyDVD. I never changed them. If I play the backups up Media player, the old one gets the DVD title and cover art downloaded. The new backup is listed as Unknown DVD with no title infomation. I am guessing, but I think I made the working backup some time in January, so would be what ever version was current then.

Based on what James wrote, it seems more likely to me that something changed in Anydvd. If the change is a result of handling newer protections, then it's unlikely that anything reasonable can be done, but only James would know for sure.

Last edited:
I don't think it is the drive or the media since I don't have this problem with other backups (Pirates, Inconvenient Truth, Serenity). I don't mean to discount your opinion on my hardware or media, I just think it would fail on other accounts if that were the case.

Secondly, the DVD backup plays fine, so I would guess it burned correctly. I will investigate your region idea and report back.

Scott

PS. I am so impressed by how well you support your products. Do not regret buing the suite of them at all.

I backed up sweeny todd perfectly with clone cd anydvd & verbatim DL on a nec 7200A 1.06 drive so slysoft software can back this title up perfectly

nevermind i finished reading posts and realized that your backups do work so disregard

Last edited:
Back