• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with AnyDVD

haz

After the last two updates AnyDVD slows my computer down to the point whenever i try to open an app it takes about two minutes to open. I then would go into windows task manager and see AnyDVD is taking 99% of my cpu after i end the AnyDVD process everything is back to normal except now i cannt use AnyDVD.

ok i've just reinstalled xp so i don't have alot of apps as of yet, and this was my reason for the reinstall. The first apps i were to install were clone dvd2 and anydvd and that's when the problem started again. i went into the registry and the lowerfilters are

AnyDVD
ElbyDelay
PxHelp20
Pfc

with no upperfilters and thanks for the fast reply

PxHelp20
Pfc

with no upperfilters and thanks for the fast reply

Do you have any other burning software on your system? Pinnacle?
Do you have Intervideo software installed?
Veritas or Sonic?

I would backup your registry and try removing those entries.
Preferably, I would try removing whatever software installed those two entries.

Afterward, I would uninstall Anydvd. Reboot. Redownload anydvd from www.slysoft.com/download. Install Anydvd. reboot. Install your license key (keep this backed up).

Last edited:
Do you have any other burning software on your system? Pinnacle?
Do you have Intervideo software installed?
Veritas or Sonic?

I would backup your registry and try removing those entries.
Preferably, I would try removing whatever software installed those drivers.

Afterward, I would uninstall Anydvd. Reboot. Redownload anydvd from www.slysoft.com/download. Install Anydvd. reboot. Install your license key (keep this backed up).

I don't have any of that installed as these are my first installs since reinstalling xp. Is it possible that i may need to install sp2 first for xp

I don't have any of that installed as these are my first installs since reinstalling xp. Is it possible that i may need to install sp2 first for xp

With full Windows security updates . . .

That would be wise, yes.

With full Windows security updates . . .

That would be wise, yes.

But now that i think about it that shouldn't work because i had sp2 installed when i encountered the problem at first which is why i reinstalled xp. My problem only started happening since the last two updates from last week.

But now that i think about it that shouldn't work because i had sp2 installed when i encountered the problem at first which is why i reinstalled xp.

That seems a little drastic. Did you encounter a virus?

That seems a little drastic. Did you encounter a virus?

That's what i thought at first so i reinstalled xp. After the reinstall everything is perfect until i install anydvd. then i'm back to square one unless i stop anydvd in window task manager and uncheck autostart for anydvd

That's what i thought at first so i reinstalled xp. After the reinstall everything is perfect until i install anydvd. then i'm back to square one unless i stop anydvd in window task manager and uncheck autostart for anydvd

Do you have a Samsung burner?

I have no idea why PxHelp20.sys Pfc.sys would be installed by windows by default--unless you have malware on your system.

Do you have a Samsung burner?

I have no idea why PxHelp20.sys Pfc.sys would be installed by windows by default--unless you have malware on your system.

no i have a hp burner. do you know of any good software to find and remove malware?

no i have a hp burner. do you know of any good software to find and remove malware?

I don't really have any recommendations in this area. Others might.

There are a few freeware antivirus programs available. I'm not sure I'm convinced they're good, although others swear by them.

Common freeware anti-spyware programs include Ad-aware and Spybot.

I would look for some good anti-trojan/anti-virus/anti-spyware programs.

Last edited:
I'm going to do a scan on my pc but the problem only occurs when i start anydvd. After i end it everythings fine again. I find it strange that anydvd takes 99% of my cpu when turned on. Clonedvd is ok my problem is this updated version of anydvd.

I'm going to do a scan on my pc but the problem only occurs when i start anydvd. After i end it everythings fine again. I find it strange that anydvd takes 99% of my cpu when turned on. Clonedvd is ok my problem is this updated version of anydvd.

A trojan disguises itself as a service, sometimes, and it starts programs and uses them as hosts. Some trojans have tried to latch onto Anydvd in the past. There's no way Anydvd should be using 99% of anything.

Where did you download Anydvd from?

A trojan disguises itself as a service, sometimes, and it starts programs and uses them as hosts. Some trojans have tried to latch onto Anydvd in the past. There's no way Anydvd should be using 99% of anything.

Where did you download Anydvd from?

I downloaded it from slysoft

I downloaded it from slysoft

Then you wouldn't have received malware from that download.
Regardless, I can't see how PxHelp20 and Pfc would end up in your lowerfilters
on a fresh install of Windows XP.

What happens if you remove them from that registry entry, reboot, and retry Anydvd?

Last edited:
is there a way i can get an older version to try

Back