• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having trouble backing up "The Eye"

Loretta

Running windows vista, AnyDVD 6.4.3.8 , when I put the DVD in my computer it doesn't even read it. I have backed up two other movies after trying this one several times today so my computer is working fine, I put the DVD in the DD player attached to the TV and it plays, but it takes a few seconds for it to start. Any one else having a problem with this movie? Thanks:eek:

Are you logged in as Administrator?

I have heard that there is problems running AnyDvd in Vista.
You might have to be logged off as administrator for it to properly work.

Running windows vista, AnyDVD 6.4.3.8 , when I put the DVD in my computer it doesn't even read it. I have backed up two other movies after trying this one several times today so my computer is working fine, I put the DVD in the DD player attached to the TV and it plays, but it takes a few seconds for it to start. Any one else having a problem with this movie? Thanks:eek:

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Not sure if this applies.. but it seems to be a growing issue with Vista more so than any other previous version of Windows...(and it's been around since Win95)

Try removing the UPPER/LOWER filters that crop up in the registry. Typical symptoms are:

Disks don't read.
Disks don't write.
Drive shows up, but "no media found" when a disk is in the drive.
Drive doesn't show up in "Computer" or "My Computer" aka Explorer under Removable Storage... and when you check Device Manager you get a Yellow ! in a triangle.

Open regedit by going to Start and type in regedit in the white "start search" bar.. (in XP, Start, Run, regedit) - (back up your registry first by going to File - Export and save the registry to your desktop)

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_Local_Machine \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class

With the Class key opened.. you're going to see a long list of keys that start with 0 and quickly get into 4. The key you're looking for is:

4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

It's near the top.. just after the last key starting with 49.

Click to highlight.. and in the right hand side, delete any entry that says UPPER and/or LOWER filters. If found, remove, close registry and restart the computer.

Hope that helps..

Try removing the UPPER/LOWER filters that crop up in the registry.

NO. I've asked you before to never post that again: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=104588&postcount=29

Do not do what XCharvelx416 wrote, unless you want to reinstall all your burning software--in addition to other programs, such as Anydvd. Following those instructions is guaranteed to cause extra work and possibly cause other programs to crash. It's also guaranteed to mess up Anydvd.

Last edited:
I tried several things that were suggested (updated drivers and versions of anyDVD and CloneDVD, uninstalled anyDVD and tried it that way too) it still did not work, yet all other movies worked fine, then I took the DVD back and exchanged it for another new one and it backed up just fine. Thank you for all your help. I guess it was just a bad new DVD.

then I took the DVD back and exchanged it for another new one and it backed up just fine. Thank you for all your help. I guess it was just a bad new DVD.

That's getting more and more common. I'd guess that 90% of the problems reported are just bad origional DVD's.

And most of them "play just fine" in a DVD player.

-W

I could copy The Eye without problems using anydvd and clonedvd. And I'm running Vista.

Back