• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating DVD speed.

sniperscrubb

Hello,

I have a question, i am trying out the CloneDVD with ANYDVD trial. It is taking at least 60 mins to CREATE a dvd file, is this NORMAL? If not, what am I doing wrong? It seems like it is reading the DVD in real time?

I used to copy and pass copy dvds in 15-20 mins with DVD XPRESS.

Speed

There are read and write speed options in CloneDVD. What speed do you have those set for?

I have changed media, I/O cable and burners (same model just different units) nothing seems to work. I am using Verbatim 8X DVD+R and DVD-R. Both have the same times of 60+ minutes to complete the burn phase. I have altered my burn speed from 4X, 6X, 8X and maximum, and nothing seems to change the speed.

Speed

Others have reported this problem too.

A lot have been talking specifically about a read speed problem with the Plextor PX760A. Has your burner preferred speed changed and have you verified that your IDE is set for DMA? That affects speed as well.

I am using a Maddog MD-16XDVD9-8XE. I have checked everything that has been recommended.

There are read and write speed options in CloneDVD. What speed do you have those set for?

Where is the menu to set the speed? I dont see it. Its not under preferences.

THE WRITE SPEED Is 58 mins too. Thats 2 hrs to read and write?

Ok, I just went out and bought an external IO MAGIC 16x DVD. Now the read speed is 5 mins. My other machines is an HP Pavilion and it is taking over 60 mins to read and write, although the read write speed is 4/8 it is crazy.

I updated my firmware and am trying again. I just started the process at 8X and the estimated time for 'creating DVD files' on the top bar was 313 minutes that is not a typo 313 minutes. I canceled the process and went back and did a restart and selected 'maximum' for speed and now the 'creating DVD files' is 28 minutes. I will let you know the time estimated when it begins to write.

External

From the model you gave it is an external drive, correct?

I updated my firmware and am trying again. I just started the process at 8X and the estimated time for 'creating DVD files' on the top bar was 313 minutes that is not a typo 313 minutes. I canceled the process and went back and did a restart and selected 'maximum' for speed and now the 'creating DVD files' is 28 minutes. I will let you know the time estimated when it begins to write.

It just started the 'write' phase. It began with a 28 minute write time but at the 2% mark the write time jumped to 53 minutes and at the 4% it jumped to 71 minutes.

Back