• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.4 beta

should have really made sure 64bit worked before you released previous version as final tbh!

should have really made sure 64bit worked before you released previous version as final tbh!

It's impossible to foresee all possible bugs before a program is released. Unlike some software companies, at least Slysoft actually tries to address issues as they arise.

It's impossible to foresee all possible bugs before a program is released. Unlike some software companies, at least Slysoft actually tries to address issues as they arise.
Which is a good point. Atleast it was fixed within 24 hours.

well not really, they dont do enough testing, they release a new version every week as there are alot of bugs that are in the final code.

they should do full top-down bug testing on xp and vista 32+64. it may be time consuming and boring, but it will stop users having to download a new version every week!

look at imgburn, there are massive changelogs and its less frequently updated, a little too infrequent, but you get what i mean.

well not really, they dont do enough testing, they release a new version every week as there are alot of bugs that are in the final code.

they should do full top-down bug testing on xp and vista 32+64. it may be time consuming and boring, but it will stop users having to download a new version every week!

look at imgburn, there are massive changelogs and its less frequently updated, a little too infrequent, but you get what i mean.
Frequent updates > infrequent updates. Atleast AnyDVD will have it's bugs fixed quicker.

Blame the beta testers. :D

Unlike some software companies, at least Slysoft actually tries to address issues as they arise.

Exactly! Look around at other DVD software forums and you will see the same issues repeated with every version released. I recently read on one forum that screensavers was causing instability issues.:confused:
They want the money but offer do not offer a reliable product or knowledgeable support.

Blame the beta testers. :D

Ouch. Honestly, I wish I could have found more bugs to report. You guys have done too good a job. Hopefully, I'll be around when you have a Blu Ray Beta to test:D

Would you have rather waited the extra time and still had them miss the bug? Being a software tester myself I know that even when I do the best possible testing (and that is never possible given cost/time contraints) I miss things. I think that given the very easy time and awesome response from slysoft, we are all far better off if they release a reasonable release early rather than wait to try and make it perfect. So long as its not an issue where you lose anything (other than a little time) its hard to complain much given the updates come so fast.

nah, they can install vista 64 themselves and beta test in-house. they would have noticed that the files werent decrypted it, told the programmers and they would have fixed it.

anydvd is an amazing program, its just that there are too many updates, fair enough adding new updates to add new versions of arcoss protections, but when its just fixing bugs you think to yourself "why didnt they spend a bit more time beta testing?".

thats my oppinion anyway.

I'm -> <- this close to laying down $80 to buy AnyDVD HD but I'm a bit worried about whether I'll be paying for something which will cease to work for new releases in a few months when the key it's using gets revoked.

How long do you think this product will last or should I only expect to be able to play the existing HD catalogue with this?

Thanks

AnyDVD HD Only?

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6124.exe

6.1.2.4 2007 02 18
- Fix: HD DVD / AACS decryption did not work on 64bit OS
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Does the "6.1.2.4" update only apply to (fix) the HD version, and, Not the Standard version of AnyDVD...I've successfully downloaded, but haven't used 6123 Standard version...pending this clarification

Does the "6.1.2.4" update only apply to (fix) the HD version, and, Not the Standard version of AnyDVD...I've successfully downloaded, but haven't used 6123 Standard version...pending this clarification
Sure (the changelog clearly indicates this, doesn't it?)

every week

every week studios re-fix movies to specifically beat the decryptors....anydvd is the only one keeping up

Back