• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD Copy Protection?

Roadie

I have used AnyDVD & Clone DVD for almost two years with very few problems. About two weeks ago after a windows update I would put a disc (Any DVD Disc) in my DVD drive and AnyDVD would pop up scanning the disc. I would open CloneDVD & Clone a DVD including all titles & menus but it would not show the movie preview window If I go further I receive error...Unable To Copy Protected Material APS. Discs I had already burned would show the preview in CloneDVD with no errors. AnyDVD copy protection seems to be the problem. I can play the discs in both my LiteOn drives. If I Use DVD Decrypter then CloneDVD it works. Off to the forum I went and read. I hope I can explain every thing I've done. I have updated the fiemware on both DVD players, & updated to AnyDVD 6.4.3.2 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.7 I have Nero 7 but no InCD installed. I've made sure on the region code USA 1. Nero DVD speed good. I have installed & uninstalled AnyDVD & CloneDVD many times. I have Zone Alarm Security & I have turned all security off During install & while I have tried to run AnyDVD & CloneDVD. I am not sure what program or driver is causing the problem as I have not installed any software except Windows Update, & Reinstalls of AnyDVD & CloneDVD. I Hope this is enough With the Zip file to solve the problem. If not I Can try Again. http://forum.slysoft.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif
:bowdown:Thank You Lenzie (Roadie) View attachment AnyDVD_Info_Q_GLADIATOR.zip

View attachment Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0.txt

capture_06042008_025539.jpg

capture_06042008_024452.jpg

capture_06042008_025128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you do #2.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.3.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6432.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2917.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Webslinger
I'm new to forums and I think I have done all that was requested. I sent the Log File Zip & pictures of my problem with AnyDVD. Both of my optical drives read the discs but AnyDVD does not work in CloneDVD. Did You see any problem in the Zip file or my earlier explaination? Thank You!
Roadie

Webslinger
Thank you for your reply! Yes I clicked on Default but all was on default as your FAQ had suggested. Put disc in optical drive and.. AnyDVD is scanning the disc popped up then went off as usual. Then to CloneDVD2 & CloneDVD, my DVD file. The Video titles show up on right side but NO preview on left side The information window gives the video play time chapters & audio. Click next & it scans. Next again DVD writer At 8X speed & Go. Processing started. Successfully removed layer break. Processing stopped: unable to copy protected material (APS) Error. It does this with ANY protected video. If I use DVD Decrypter & CloneDVD it will work but I lke the Convenience of AnyDVD & ClonDVD. I have read much on the forum and have learned alot. Thank You for your responce.
Roadie

Webslinger
Do what it says! Right click on the Intel/VIA/Nvidia whatever controller(the part that isn't the secondary or primary IDE channel), then right click, and select update driver. My Nvidia
NForce 2 SPP/IGP ATA controller is part of Primary & Secondary IDE channel that controlls Ultra DMA. Won't this also affect my Hard Drives. Sorry if I don't understand. Thanks again for your time with a Newbe.
Roadie

NForce 2 SPP/IGP ATA controller is part of Primary & Secondary IDE channel

:confused: What do you mean by "part of".

If you're scared, just create a restore point first.

Otherwise, I'd do it what it says to do.

Webslinger
That fixed it. Thank you! I still can't figure out how I used AnyDVD & CloneDVD for almost two years with the Nvidea drivers with no problems. Again Thank You!
Roadie

Webslinger
That fixed it. Thank you! I still can't figure out how I used AnyDVD & CloneDVD for almost two years with the Nvidea drivers with no problems. Again Thank You!
Roadie

You're very welcome!

Take care

Back