• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Will not Close

Antknee

After copying my DVD, CloneDVD (v 2.9.1.7) will not close. This just started 2 days ago. I actually have to hard boot my Windows XP computer in order to get the program to close. I uninstalled then reinstalled CloneDVD but no luck. So could it be a Windows XP problem? A missing or corrupt file?

No, it does not freeze. The copy completes ok. Ejects ok. The program just won't immediately shut down when I'm finished when I click on "CLOSE".
Actually I should qualify that and say that it takes about 5 minutes to close.
So is the issue with WinXP or a corrupt CloneDVD file?

No, it does not freeze. The copy completes ok. Ejects ok. The program just won't immediately shut down when I'm finished when I click on "CLOSE".
Actually I should qualify that and say that it takes about 5 minutes to close.
So is the issue with WinXP or a corrupt CloneDVD file?

Try downloading and reinstalling Clonedvd.

I can't reproduce this problem on three different computers with XP. I'm not sure why the exiting process would take that long.

Last edited:
does it close any quicker using task manager?

also,when you click on the white cross on red background it takes 5 minutes?
and when you right click on clonedvd2 in the taskbar>then choose close,it takes 5 minutes also?

sounds like something is holding onto the program thus delaying shutdown.

Right now I'm copying a dvd and will try these suggestions. Type to ya soon & thanks guys:)

I also run Kaspersky AV 6.0 (for at least a year) and PGP encryption (6 months)

Well I used Task Manager to close the program and I got a "Not Responding" error message. I left it alone and did some other tasks and the program closed down in about a minute or 2. I can live with that. We may never figure this one out but at least the program works and I get good copies every time.

Apps that mess with CloneDVD

I found the program that caused CloneDVD to hang when trying to close CloneDVD. It's called "WINAVI Video Converter" from ZMEDIA. By a process of elimination after I uninstalled this app, CloneDVD closed normally,i.e. no delay.
Another 2 apps may also have a conflict with CloneDVD: Softpepper's AVI Converter and Solveig's AVI Trimmer.

I found the program that caused CloneDVD to hang when trying to close CloneDVD. It's called "WINAVI Video Converter" from ZMEDIA. By a process of elimination after I uninstalled this app, CloneDVD closed normally,i.e. no delay.
Another 2 apps may also have a conflict with CloneDVD: Softpepper's AVI Converter and Solveig's AVI Trimmer.

Thanks for letting us know! :bowdown:

i also have WinAVI Video Converter installed but clonedvd2 shuts normally.

did you have both programs running at the same time?

Back