• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multi-Processor options question

BurntSoul

Hello all,

This has been nagging at me for a while now, so I've got to ask it. Probably a stupid question, but...

Multi-Processor options - will game jackal degrade my game if the game uses multiple cpus?

In other words, in the program it is saying Game Jackal is going to use CPU 2 and the game will use CPU 1 by default...but does that mean my game will now have crippled multiple CPU functionality?

I'm confused because in the help file, it sort of hints this:

Please note that utilizing more than one processor for a profile (or game) can reduce Game Jackal’s performances and reliability. If multiple processors are to be implemented for a specific profile, we recommend that the advanced options are used to set a delay before the multi processor mode is switched in (this will ensure that game has started).

Am I reading this right - that every game that can use multiple CPUs could have performance/reliability issues (either that or Game Jackal could have the issues) if I don't go into the Advanced options and set a delay? Or is it just Game Jackal that will have issues?

Thanks in advance!

Back