• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No getting Directors comment on all Backups

The Boatman

I was messing aroud with the audio track selection about 4 backups ago. Now, every DVD I back up has director comment through the whole thing.
What did I change that I shouldnt have?

Thanks
Mark

Thanks for the info Webslinger. So it seems I will have to buy PowerDVD before attempting any more back ups. I've used CloneDVD for almost 2 years and have never had this problem. Now it happens everytime.
My menus dont say Directors comment, so thats not checked.
Still a little confused, but I'll keep experimenting before I throw another $50 out on something I would rarely use.
Thanks again

T So it seems I will have to buy PowerDVD before attempting any more back ups.

No, but you need something to test with: some dvd playback software that lets you select different audio streams for you to listen to. Essentially, you're backing up the wrong audio in Clonedvd--or you're not using your remote to properly select or change the audio stream while watching on your standalone dvd player.

Thanks for the info Webslinger. So it seems I will have to buy PowerDVD before attempting any more back ups. I've used CloneDVD for almost 2 years and have never had this problem. Now it happens everytime.
My menus dont say Directors comment, so thats not checked.
Still a little confused, but I'll keep experimenting before I throw another $50 out on something I would rarely use.
Thanks again
You can simply select AC3/6ch in CloneDVD's *right* stream preferences pane.

Ok,
So what you are saying is that if I select 6 channel audio in all my back ups, I should be ok. Maybe I'm not using my remote right or maybe I ONLY recorded the commentary track. I did mss with the remote for quite a while and kept getting the same thing. I never changed anything from default before and all was good. I was doing a concert video the other day and was messing with the audio tracks. it seems that DVDClone has kept those wrong settings. I never really took notice to what I was recording before. I'm doing the DVD I had problems with over again right now. I unseleced all the 2 channel options and selected 5 channel. We'll see how it comes out.
I appreciate your help and I apologize for not really knowing what I'm taking about. I guess I should take some time and learn about DVDs.
Mark

Ok,
So what you are saying is that if I select 6 channel audio in all my back ups, I should be ok.

Unless, of course, there isn't any ac3/6ch to select. And if you happen to see 2 channel audio listed twice, chances are only one of them is the right one to back up--and the other is director commentary.

Director commentary tends to only be 2 channel audio. But the main soundtrack could be anything, really, depending on the dvd.

So in those cases, sometimes it's nicer to test first with dvd playback software just to make sure you've got the right audio selected.

You either backed up the proper audio--or you didn't, and if you didn't, then you're out of luck, of course.

Last edited:
OK
I think 've got the idea. Need to make sure I dont have JUST 2channel audio selected, which appearantly is what I did somewhere along the line. Do you know of any other freebee audio playback software that would give me that info?
Mark

Need to make sure I dont have JUST 2channel audio selected

Well, some older titles (television series) or some older movies may only be in stereo (2 channel). Some really old black and white movies only have mono (1 channel). So it gets a bit confusing then. You could have a situation where the director's commentary is 2 channel and the main soundtrack is 2 channel.

Do you know of any other freebee audio playback software that would give me that info?

I haven't used this in ages (and I don't have it installed), and I don't know if it supports playback for all audio types (it should if you have the proper audio codecs installed), but Media Player Classic is free: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

Maybe give Media Player Classic a try.

Back