• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recommended movies to watch or avoid

schbusdrvr

Recently I have seen The Illusionist, The Guardian, The Departed, Ice Age 2, Open Season and would recommend them for viewing.

Which movies have you watched that you either really enjoyed, or would advise not wasting money on?

Pulp Fiction, Young Guns, Layer Cake, Snatch, The Life Of Brian :D The Holy Grail, just a few movies that i love, there are a lot more but someone else will probably suggest them.

Recently I have seen The Illusionist, The Guardian, The Departed, Ice Age 2, Open Season and would recommend them for viewing.

Which movies have you watched that you either really enjoyed, or would advise not wasting money on?

Just research movie critics or the web. There has to be web page(s)/forum on just talking about new released DVDs.

I subscribe to Netflix, and they have a star rating system: people vote how many stars depanding how they enjoyed the movie. You can also read the person's thoughts on why they voted as they did.

Good luck
Thumbs up

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watch "Little Man" its comedy film. I nearly piss myself when i laugh hard :D

Just research movie critics or the web. There has to be web page(s)/forum on just talking about new released DVDs.

I subscribe to Netflix, and they have a star rating system: people vote how many stars depanding how they enjoyed the movie. You can also read the person's thoughts on why they voted as they did.

Good luckhttp://forum.slysoft.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up

I know I can search online, I was curious what the people here recommended, thanks though.

Good And Bad

:agree: Little man, Grandma's boy, Dead man's chest, The grudge 2, Silent hill, are worth seeing! I was very dissapointed with THE FOG. The Original was much much better! The new OMEN is a really good remake! Worth seeing!!

The Departed is one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood in quite some time. Good cast of actors and excellent directing by Scorsese.

I know I can search online, I was curious what the people here recommended, thanks though.

Sorry about that, I thought that you were just looking for that type of information.

My 2 cents worth: Lock, stock, and two smoking barrels. snatch. the man who wasn't there.

and more than this thread would hold

Thanks everyone. I did see The Departed this past weekend and really liked how well it was done. I'll look into some of the others as well.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose, I thought, is one of the better horrors I've seen recently. One to definately avoid is Slither.

Last edited:
i am so glad slysoft started this forum i like having people to chat with with the same interest as myself i also belong to netflix 8 at a time i am disabled and live in this damn wheelchair this is one of the better forums i belong to because we chat about more than just our problems thanks slysoft :bowdown:

one of my favories is an HBO movie titled "Beyond the Law". Charlie Sheen is in it. I thought it was a good movie, even if some parts were over acted. It is based on a true story. I think it is more of the story I liked than anything. Netflix has it, just get it and see what ya'll think.

I also liked The Departed, even though I do not like Leonardo De"Crap"io. He did an excellent job in this movie. If he keeps it up I might have to stop boycotting his movies.

I also agree with the above post and others in the forums. This is a great forum for helping each other and movie reviews from real people other than critics

the Illusionist-great.
the prestige- suck.
the descent-great.
saw3-ok.
little miss sunshine-great.
gridiron gang.ok
black dalia-suck.
i know, i know it is just my opinion.

Saw 3 stressed me out, therefore I liked!

Don't waste your time on Black Dahlia, If you haven't read the book, this movie wouldn't make sense.

Flags Of Are Fathers I Did Not Like And I Love War Movies Its Up To You To Watch I Fell Asleep. YEAH MY NEW DVD BURNER JUST CAME BE BACK.

Thumbs Up

:clap: WATCH relative strangers...the guardian...saw 3...the marine...the departed...flyboys...the illusionist..JUST TO NAME A FEW :agree:

Best unknown movies...

I gave this some thought and I have a few to add that are not really highly known movies. Some are more known than others, but these are some of the ones that I would say are on my "movie buff's must see" list.

Random order:
American History X
House of D
Saint Ralph
Green Street Hooligans
Punch Drunk Love
Pay it Forward
I am Sam
Girl, Interrupted
Find Me Guilty
Arlington Road

There are 10... if you want more... just let me know... I have plenty of more where those come from..

Also TV Shows:

The Shield
Rescue Me

Back