• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem copying Babylon 5 season 3 disk 5

orcusb

I have been trying to copy all of my babylon 5 disks. I made it all the way up to season 3 without any issues. Disk 5 of season 3 does not copy. I have tried various settings without any luck. Any suggestions welcomed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_BABYLON5_SEASON3_DISC5.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 7
  • State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
  • tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
  • describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

I have copied nearly a hundred disks successfully, occasionally I have one fail, and I download the latest version of anydvd to fix it. I am using Alcohol120% to do the burning, I set it to ignore disk read failures, so I don't get a very useful error, it just says that there was an error writing to disk. I submitted the log for anydvd already, I will have to screw up another disk to get a detailed write error message. I set up another run, but with all of the error checking it will take a while to read, I will post all of the disk errors when it finishes.

I am using Alcohol120% to do the burning

Don't.

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

2. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

If you get an error message, provide the full error message.

kind of odd, I ripped the DVD, it log is attached, but when I try to view the movie with power dvd it crashes. When I view the original DVD it runs normally.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 7
kind of odd, I ripped the DVD

Using?

it log is attached

It's not a full log file. :confused:

but when I try to view the movie with power dvd it crashes. When I view the original DVD it runs normally.

Did you use Anydvd ripper? Try another dvd software playback program. Does it crash when you select the ripper video_ts folder as the source on your hard drive??

Last edited:
I ripped with anydvd, and the logs I attached the second time, called anydvd_log.zip contains the text files except for sysinfo. I just added that one. do you need the rest of the stuff it ripped? The forum manager won't let me add the button file and the ai state file, says they are invalid files. I tried to read the video_ts using power dvd and Interactual players both. The Interactual player doesn't do anything, and the power dvd crashes. Both read the DVD just fine.

Attachments

• sysinfo.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
I have attached the log for alcohol120% for the failure, not that it appears useful.

Attachments

• b5_alcohol_log.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
I have attached the log for alcohol120% for the failure, not that it appears useful.

03:42:26 (D:) HP DVD Writer 1040d(1:1): Recording failed!
03:42:26 Error message: [03/0C/00] - Write Error
03:42:26 (D:) HP DVD Writer 1040d(1:1): Recording failed!

It's a write error. AnyDVD's job is to make a disc readable. It has nothing to do with writing.

The Interactual player doesn't do anything, and the power dvd crashes. Both read the DVD just fine.

With AnyDVD running? Than it is not an AnyDVD problem.

Hi orcusb,

Please reduce the writing speed to 4x. This determines whether your writer comes to terms with the blanks at all. This is what the Alcohol support would most likely recommend, too...

Cheers

Back