• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MENACE II Society froze my computer

O

odd_function

Okay, this is a BRAND new DVD and this is really strange when you insert the DVD MENACE II Society as soon as you choose the DVD folder cloneDVD2 will start the "Repairing Defective DVD Structure" message appears so I wait for for the repairing to finish then at 99% done then, for cloneDVd2 becomes (not responding) then, I have to force the software to close. though task manager...:bang: I have attached the anyDVD log...

AnyDVD info:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
IDE-DVD ROM 16X HD08 P
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2171680 sectors (4241 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MENACE_II_SOCIETY
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_MENACE_II_SOCIETY.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 6
1. Is this the dvd? http://www.amazon.com/Menace-II-Society-Tyrin-Turner/dp/630469623X

If so, it was released in 1997, and it's highly unlikely it has anything interesting on it with respect to protection.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

If so, it was released in 1997, and it's highly unlikely it has anything interesting on it with respect to protection.

Okay, I just copied it with 1Click and it was a succesfull burn, according to the log: Error correction was required for this disc. ;)

Okay, I just copied it with 1Click and it was a succesfull burn, according to the log: Error correction was required for this disc. ;)

What happens if you force the A.I. scanner on in Anydvd?

Edit: I sent a PM to James.

Last edited:
It did not work...still same message "Trying to repair defective DVD Structure.":disagree:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
IDE-DVD ROM 16X HD08 P
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2171680 sectors (4241 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MENACE_II_SOCIETY
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This disc has a known mastering error, all VOBU lists are broken. However, AnyDVD ripper (and CloneDVD) should repair this.

EDIT: Trying it at the moment...

EDIT2: No problem whatsoever (WS side), just let CloneDVD finish the repair process.

Last edited:
It did not work...still same message "Trying to repair defective DVD Structure.":disagree:

Hmmm

Okay, put the A.I. scanner back to default, then.

1. What version of Clonedvd are you using?

Windows XP (32-bit)

2. Maybe it's time to update to service pack 2 at least--or 3

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.201 (2.5.0.201)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201

I've never seen very many problems with the Padus Aspi driver, but you might want to try removing that filter from your registry to see if that is causing some sort of conflict with Clonedvd.

Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

I'm not really aware of any conflicts with that filter, but it's possible it's causing a problem.

3. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pfc". Click "Remove Selected Filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Please note that whatever program that installed PFC may no longer work properly.

4. Try another optical drive.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Okay, put the A.I. scanner back to default, then.

1. What version of Clonedvd are you using?

3. Maybe it's time to update to service pack 2 at least--or 3

I've never seen very many problems with the Padus Aspi driver, but you might want to try removing that filter from your registry to see if that is causing some sort of conflict with Clonedvd.

Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

I'm not really aware of any conflicts with that filter, but it's possible it's causing a problem.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pfc". Click "Remove Selected Filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Please note that whatever program that installed PFC may no longer work properly.

4. Try another optical drive.

Err...well I don't believe this will be necessary because I already copied the disc w/ another program so.. but, I might try another optical drive...
and I'll report my results later. At least we confirmed that there is a problem with this disc :clap:

At least we confirmed that there is a problem with this disc

:confused:
James confirmed that both Anydvd and Clonedvd handle this disc perfectly fine.

James said:
No problem whatsoever (WS side), just let CloneDVD finish the repair process.

Or do you mean that there's a strange protection on this disc? Yes, that's true. I was mistaken. But Anydvd and Clonedvd worked for James with this dvd. Are you using Clonedvd 2.9.1.7?

The reason I mentioned padus is due to Clonedvd hanging at 99% of the repair process. Either you're not waiting long enough--or something is conflicting with Clonedvd on your system. Perhaps you have a corrupted Aspi driver on your system that is causing issues with Clonedvd; I'm not sure. Also, it's possible that updating XP to the latest service pack may help resolve some conflict as well.

Last edited:
But Anydvd and Clonedvd worked for James with this dvd. Are you using Clonedvd 2.9.1.7?
Okay, I solved this issue. All I did was, reinstall CloneDVD2 latest version and the repair process went smooth it hit 100% then it continued allowing me to backup this disc w/CloneDVD2...thanks for all the help! 8):bowdown:

This disc has a known mastering error, all VOBU lists are broken. However, AnyDVD ripper (and CloneDVD) should repair this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back