• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dreamcast

Danisco

Can Clonecd backup Dreamcast games?? I know that sega uses a *.cdi file extension can clonecd recreate the same file extension??

Can Clonecd backup Dreamcast games?? I know that sega uses a *.cdi file extension can clonecd recreate the same file extension??
CloneCD is intended for 1:1 backups, so it would. However, I don't know if you need a modchip or not for the Dreamcast.

Can Clonecd backup Dreamcast games??

No...it can-not and, if you tried, the game would copy so fast
you have a good feeling your wasting your time :p It would be awesome if SlySoft developed a program for backing up console games but, I don't see that happening ever. If it did, that would be a big challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:

My, my, you have certainly have done your homework on this...
Okay, I'm gonna try to say this as politely as possible, (I have read the forum rules) please do not be offended...since I don't wanna make a moderator look (I won't say the word), I'm gonna give you a 2 easy options to choose...whichever you choose is the right decision, lets begin: Option #1: Prove me wrong. Option #2: Don't prove me wrong.

Here is the outcomes: if you do not reply the answer is: don't prove me wrong. If you lock the thread answer is: don't prove me wrong.
remember: whichever decision you make is always the right decision. ;)
We are always here to help :)

My, my, you have certainly have done your homework on this...
Okay, I'm gonna try to say this as politely as possible, (I have read the forum rules) please do not be offended...since I don't wanna make a moderator look (I won't say the word), I'm gonna give you a 2 easy options to choose...whichever you choose is the right decision, lets begin: Option #1: Prove me wrong. Option #2: Don't prove me wrong.

Here is the outcomes: if you do not reply the answer is: don't prove me wrong. If you lock the thread answer is: don't prove me wrong.
remember: whichever decision you make is always the right decision. ;)
We are always here to help :)
You are right, CloneCD cannot copy original (retail) Dreamcast games, because the DC uses a high density CD-ROM format developed by Yamaha:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GD-ROM

PC drives aren't able to read it (or write it).

The DC can boot from normal CDs as well, so it *is* possible to create backups, if the DC drive is used to create the image (possible via the ethernet port), and CloneCD certainly can burn such images.

choose...whichever you choose is the right decision, lets begin: Option #1: Prove me wrong.

The DC can boot from normal CDs as well, so it *is* possible to create backups, if the DC drive is used to create the image.

Yes, my friend has done this with a large number of his DC games, a long while ago, and he used Clonecd to burn them. The "Utopia Boot cd" is used (for non-selfboot games), and back then a lot of people used a serial cable (but that was slow) to transfer--or used a broadband adaptor, which you mentioned, that replaced the modem on the dreamcast. The material then needs to be adjusted, in some cases, to fit onto a normal cd-r.

It is, in fact, odd_function, quite possible to produce a backup with Clonecd--if you know what you're doing.

But if you meant that it's not simple and straightfoward to do, then yes, I agree.

Last edited:
It is, in fact, odd_function, quite possible to do with Clonecd--if you know what you're doing.

Okay, it is possible to duplicate Burned /(copied) Dreamcast games but, the question that was asked was was:

Using a basic CD-ROM drive...the answer is no. You will need more then that.

The "Utopia Boot cd" is used (for non-selfboot games),

I know this...:agree:

Using a basic CD-ROM drive...the answer is no. You will need more then that.

Okay, fair enough. You need a serial cable or a broadband adapter. And then, in some cases, you need to remove material or in some cases downsample the audio, or worse, the video, in order to fit the game onto a cd-r.

It's certainly not a straightforward process; I agree.

You need a serial cable or a broadband adapter. And then, in some cases, you need to remove material or in some cases downsample the audio, or worse, the video, in order to fit the game onto a cd-r.

I don't quite understand what your trying to tell me...:D

You need a serial cable or a broadband adapter. And then, in some cases, you need to remove material or in some cases downsample the audio, or worse, the video, in order to fit the game onto a cd-r.

Are you suggesting to download a DC image of the internet? :confused:
If that's that case, what program opens such images?

I don't quite understand what your trying to tell me...:D

Are you suggesting to download a DC image of the internet? :confused:
If that's that case, what program opens such images?

No.

You need a cable to hook to the dreamcast to your PC. You read the data off of the Dreamcast drive. I don't know what else my friend did at that point, but I do know that some DC games couldn't fit onto a cd-r due to the amount of audio and video. So he had to make the audio worse (take up less space).

ok...I'm starting to understand how this works ;)

Okay, You need a serial cable or a broadband adapter.

Dreamcast serial cable....ok

I don't know what else my friend did at that point,

ok...:confused:
but I do know that some DC games couldn't fit onto a cd-r due to the amount of audio and video. So he had to make the audio worse (take up less space).

ok...what software do I use to remove the content from the DC game so, it can fit on a 700 mb recordable disc? 8)

Back