• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"The Kingdom" HD DVD won't play unless I cancel web update

gwolfman

Hey eveyone,

I had "The Kingdom" ripped before and everything worked fine, but I lost a HDD so I'm re-ripping my movies. Anyways, the problem I'm having is that in the beginning when it tries to do the web update, if I don't hit the enter key really quick then the movie never starts, it just sits there with a black screen, but if I hit enter really quickly then it'll skip that and get me to the menu right away. I'm using PowerDVD 7 build 4102. Last time, when things were working correctly, I think I was using PowerDVD 7 build 3730. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_THE_KINGDOM_NA.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey eveyone,

I had "The Kingdom" ripped before and everything worked fine, but I lost a HDD so I'm re-ripping my movies. Anyways, the problem I'm having is that in the beginning when it tries to do the web update, if I don't hit the enter key really quick then the movie never starts, it just sits there with a black screen, but if I hit enter really quickly then it'll skip that and get me to the menu right away. I'm using PowerDVD 7 build 4102. Last time, when things were working correctly, I think I was using PowerDVD 7 build 3730. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This is normal when you use AnyDVD. Web content won't work without AACS!
To prevent the Web update to start, tell AnyDVD to "rename the highest .xpl file". (HD DVD settings)

hummm.... I just tried that. It still sits there at the "loading" screen for ~30 seconds and then goes to blank screen. I'll try to re-rip it with that feature enabled and see if that works.

I tend to just hit cancel as soon as it comes up and that generally works. Of course, I have the powerdvd remote which tends to make it a bit easier. :) Nonetheless, that almost always works. If it doesn't and it hangs, I just exit PowerDVD and try again.

hummm.... I just tried that. It still sits there at the "loading" screen for ~30 seconds and then goes to blank screen. I'll try to re-rip it with that feature enabled and see if that works.

Don't re-rip. Just *try to play it*.

Thanks SamuriHL and James for getting back to me on this. Ok, so I applied the setting, restarted "just in case", and I mounted the .iso with no luck, still having the issue. So I unmounted it, threw in the original HD DVD disc, and it works fine. I'm going to try one or two more things and see if any of those work.

What settings did you use to rip this originally? I tend to use defaults if I'm ripping with AnyDVD enabled. If you had the rename highest setting turned on when ripping in theory it could have screwed things up. Another reason I'm an advocate for more pure rips. AnyDVD isn't really designed as a ripper. It's designed to help people with playback in reality. Anyway, if the original works and the rip doesn't, you might try setting AnyDVD to defaults and rerip it just in case. I know James said not to but if the original plays and the backup doesn't....seems like a good way to go to me.

When I ripped it the first time I had AnyDVD enabled, but I didn't have the "rename highest xpl" feature enabled. even after enabling the feature and then mounting the .iso, it still didn't work. I did re-rip it thought with this feature enabled and it's working now. Question is why didn't it work the first time? Anyways, I'd like to do pure rips but then I can't steam them over my local network... or can I?

I haven't quite figured that one out yet, any suggestions? The reason I said that is because I thought that's what I had read. But that was a while ago I think.

Depends on what you're streaming TO. If it's another machine, mount the iso over the network and call it good. :)

...if it's another machine, mount the iso over the network and call it good...
So far that's all I've been streaming to. Thanks again for the help! (& James too in previous posts!)

Back