• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enchanted DVD Region 2 (France) bad sectors

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi all

There are bad sectors on this DVD, but AnyDVD doesn't see them at all.
When trying to rip it, there is an error at 17% telling that it can't read a sector.
I used IsoBuster to check it, and the VTS_12_1 and VTS_12_5.vob have defective sectors. The disc is clean.
The movie plays fine, it just unrippable with AnyDVD and CloneDVD.
See log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_ECH0EFW1.zip
    111.8 KB · Views: 4
  • State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
  • tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
  • describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

I haven't any "Details" button. The screenshot is attached.
I wasn't using any other program while ripping, so I wasn't doing anything else.
I tried to rip that disc with 2 drives (one region-free [LG BD-RE] and one region 2 [Pioneer BDC-202]), same error and same numbers in the error message.

So, I repeat Webslinger, I cannot rip the disc: it stops at 17% and I receive the error attached to this post.

I haven't any "Details" button.

Doesn't matter. The point is we need full error messages, and you haven't provided any.

The screenshot is attached.

:confused: What screenshot?

same error and same numbers in the error message.

What error message?

So, I repeat Webslinger, I cannot rip the disc: it stops at 17% and I receive the error attached to this post.

And I repeat, you haven't provided any error message (provide full error messages), and you need to set your drive's region code.

Last edited:
17% telling that it can't read a sector

That's not the full error message.

The movie plays fine

This is completely meaningless by the way. Simply because a disc appears to be clean and plays fine does not indicate it is fine.
There may be an issue with this disc and Anydvd, but until you start providing full error messages, it's difficult to know how to proceed.

1. Set your drive's region code as outlined previously.

2. Provide full error messages.

3. Reupload the .zip after setting your drive's region code.

Last edited:
What screenshot?

Oops, this screenshot (forgot to attach it).

Here is the new log file, done with my Region 2 drive.
Why do I need to set a region? I never had any problem with my region-free drive.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_Info_F_ECH0EFW1.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
Oops, this screenshot (forgot to attach it).

Here is the new log file, done with my Region 2 drive.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Why do I need to set a region? I never had any problem with my region-free drive.

CSS decryption may not work properly with some drives and some dvds until the region code is set.

FileIO 3 typically means a bad original disc, even if it plays fine.

However, because this dvd contains structural protection, I'm not sure that this is bad original disc.

I will send a PM to James to see what he thinks.

For me, it seems that this DVD is protected by bad sectors (which are only on 2 files of the main movie, nowhere else).
Usually AnyDVD detects them, but not in this case.

OK, I have found the solution: the AI scanner was disabled. I don't know if it was disabled by default or by myself...
Once I have turned it to Auto, every problem was solved. The AI scanner is more powerful that I thaught!
Thanks for searching Webslinger.

OK, I have found the solution: the AI scanner was disabled. I don't know if it was disabled by default or by myself...

The A.I. scanner is set to "auto" by default.

Once I have turned it to Auto, every problem was solved. The AI scanner is more powerful that I thaught!

Yes, please ensure the A.I. scanner is left at default settings.

I'm glad you have resolved your problem.

"Auto" is now the recommended setting. So now I let it at the recommended setting. ;)

Back