• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sims 2: FreeTime

knightguy82

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
2.9.18.610 (never had a problem so why upgrade)

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
XP / service pack 3

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
None

4. Remove packet writing software from your system
None on system

5. What protection does your game use?
SecuROM Detected - Version 07.35.0007 (before Patch)
SecuROM Detected - Version 07.37.0007 (after Patch)

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
Sims 2: Freetime (patched)

7. What is the version of the game?

8. Is it cd or dvd version?
Cd

9. What region or country is the original disc from?
North America

10. What cpu are you running?
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
Internal Dvd Drive / driver version 5.1.2535.0

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
Norton SystemWorks 103.0.2.10 / ZoneAlarm 7.0.470.000

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
FT worked with this version of GJ before i patched but now it keeps saying "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." an i cant even load the game for it to make a profile :bang:

15. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: maplom
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maplom.sys
File Version: 2, 9, 18, 608 [2.9.18.608]
File Description: Maplom.sys
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 2, 9, 18, 608 [2.9.18.608]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © 2007 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 3.00.56a [3.0.56.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

i upgraded to the latest version 3.0.1.9 but i'm still getting "Conflict with Emulation Software detected."

1. Do you have
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, or VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite) installed?

2. a) In Game Jackal, go to "General Settings"-->check "enable Advanced Logging". Now try running your profile.
b) Navigate to your Game Jackal folder (typically C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal where "c:" is your hard drive if you use Windows XP)
c) You will see a log file called "Summary.log". Rename this file to Summary.txt
d) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
e) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
f) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
g) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the summary.txt file
h) click "upload"
i) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .txt file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at
j) It's entirely possible that the file size may be too big. If so, just .zip it, and then upload the file to the forums.

1. nope i dont have any of those

2. heres the summary file i couldnt seem to get it switched to txt so i ziped it :eek:

------------------------

on a related note i just seen where it said if you patched your game to make a new profile but the latest version wont let me :(

it stops on the 2nd step an i have to use the "task manager" to end the program that way (it just closes the program but wont end the program) an then i have to manually turn off my computer

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I will need to test this with the latest version of FreeTime.

I can confirm this. Everything worked fine with Sims 2 Freetime (German version) until I installed the newest patch from EA (the one dated May 29th 2008).
Now it says "conflict with emulation software" and I can't start the game via Game Jackal any more (version 3.0.1.6)

I have installed no other software of this kind (i.e. no anydvd, no cloneCD etc.)

It would be great if you could solve this problem since the EA-patch is needed to make the game really stable.

From my own experiences, there are MANY problems with the new Free Time patch. The "security module" error shows up frequently when I have the CD in the drive without Game Jackal being loaded. I get the error 1000 telling me to insert the original CD instead of a copy as well with the original CD. Note that I did not have either error before the new Free Time patch.

The security module error shows up regularly with Mass Effect as well, so it looks like the latest version of SecuROM is just broken and it's not a Game Jackal issue. If I did not have problems with the original CD/DVD and I got the errors with Game Jackal, that would be one thing, but these issues are there without GJ being loaded.

Now, if Slysoft can fix the problem, it would be a solution for all of us with the SecuROM problems, which would be a great selling point. :rock:

is it the same security module needed number?

because afaik mass effect has no cd/dvd check, so using gamejackal for it would be useless... if the module needed number is consistant then it would imply that the protection code is detecting game jackal...

error 1000 i've seen a few times, generally on crap drives (one of my friends has a really cheap and nasty drive, which raises this issue)..

if the original exe + original disk works (without using gamejackal etc) and you don't get that security module messagebox then the issue isn't as random as you think

Well the actual problem is that the Sims game detects the installed GameJackal software and just because of this refuses to start.
This was also the case with CloneCD. If you had CloneCD installed Sims2 wouldn't start.
The message was the same: "conflict with emulation software detected"

Well the actual problem is that the Sims game detects the installed GameJackal software and just because of this refuses to start.
This was also the case with CloneCD. If you had CloneCD installed Sims2 wouldn't start.
The message was the same: "conflict with emulation software detected"

so i have to wait till GJ is updated? :doh:

I can confirm this is a problem with the current version. We have already sorted it for the v3.0.2.0 beta release (will be here in next few days).

Here is a new dll to fix the "Conflict with emulation" message. Simply replace the existing MaplomH.dll in the GJ directory and restart GJ.

This should sort things out while we get v3.0.2.0 ready ;)

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for your dll file.
I have replaced the original dll, then restarted Windows and... IT WORKS!!
I can play Sims Freetime without any problems!

Hey, I must say this is the best service I have had with any software team!
You Slysoft people are simply GREAT!

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for your dll file.
I have replaced the original dll, then restarted Windows and... IT WORKS!!
I can play Sims Freetime without any problems!

Hey, I must say this is the best service I have had with any software team!
You Slysoft people are simply GREAT!

Thanks a bunch :)

when will game jackal be updated? i still cant make a new profile with the new dll (GJ stops responding on the 2nd step) an the game only loaded once with the old profile

We will be posting a new beta in a day or so.

Hmm... I'm sorry to say that things aren't really perfect with Sims FreeTime.

As I said... it worked fine with the new maplomH.dll. Although when I want to start the game, the first time it says "No CD/DVD in drive". Then I press "cancel" and the second time it always works. (Very strange.)

Now, after having uptdated to version 3.0.2. it always says "No CD/DVD in drive" and the game won't start any more - no matter how often I try.

So I had to downgrade to 3.0.1.9. again...

Last edited:
I have dl the new beta release and it sets up the profile fine. It finishes and I go to test it and it gets past the EA screen and before it actually loads it gives me a blue screen that requires a hard reboot to get the system back up. It gives an error saying kernal_data_inpage_error. Has anyone else experienced this but me or is there a fix that you know of? Thanks!

Back