• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cheap PowerDVD Ultra on eBay - legit?

Bommy

Anyone got the software through a link like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CyberLink-P...ryZ80319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondering what they're like for updates, etc.

Also, I've seen mention on the AVSForum of someone using an OEM PDVD disc from a retail Blu-Ray drive and then having to upgrade it. What's the deal there? Is the OEM one that comes with high def drives not good enough for high def playback?

it seems ok but i dont really trust ebay to much im sure its just a download link even though it says free shipping it could even be a torrent you never know , youll be taking a chance.but its your money remeber you get what you pay for

Anyone got the software through a link like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CyberLink-P...ryZ80319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondering what they're like for updates, etc.

Also, I've seen mention on the AVSForum of someone using an OEM PDVD disc from a retail Blu-Ray drive and then having to upgrade it. What's the deal there? Is the OEM one that comes with high def drives not good enough for high def playback?
The ones that come with drives tend to be version 7.3

[...]Also, I've seen mention on the AVSForum of someone using an OEM PDVD disc from a retail Blu-Ray drive and then having to upgrade it. What's the deal there? Is the OEM one that comes with high def drives not good enough for high def playback?
no, the oem version is in general good for playing bd's but you might have to update it in order to be able to play new titles with bd profile 2.0 or bd+ or something... unless you use anydvd hd for the latter to remove ;)

Most ebay listings that provide a download link rather than the software CD tend to be a bit bogus. You may get a legit copy of the software and a legit key but you can bet that the seller is reselling the same key to multiple buyers. If the key gets blacklisted then you're SOL.

As for updating PDVD, if you can get a copy of 3104a or 3319a, forget about any updates. You've already got the best working versions available. Cyberlink totally hosed it with later updates and it doesn't appear that they plan to fix it anytime soon, at least not for HD playback from folders or files.

Most ebay listings that provide a download link rather than the software CD tend to be a bit bogus. You may get a legit copy of the software and a legit key but you can bet that the seller is reselling the same key to multiple buyers. If the key gets blacklisted then you're SOL.

As for updating PDVD, if you can get a copy of 3104a or 3319a, forget about any updates. You've already got the best working versions available. Cyberlink totally hosed it with later updates and it doesn't appear that they plan to fix it anytime soon, at least not for HD playback from folders or files.

I don't get why people are so mad that they removed the play from folder option. Just make an image and you can play your movies stored on your harddrive.

That link was removed by Ebay so it was likely a bogus download with an illegal key.

im gonna have to disagree with you on the fact thats 3104 and 3319 are the best working versions dont get me wrong these are good versions but when it comes down to it you should upgrade because you will come across a time where your movies wont play with the older versions of powerdvd which i ran into before but as long as i upgrade im good plus you might as well do it now before you have to many ripped files on your hard drive that youll need to convert later on to an ISO

im gonna have to disagree with you on the fact thats 3104 and 3319 are the best working versions dont get me wrong these are good versions but when it comes down to it you should upgrade because you will come across a time where your movies wont play with the older versions of powerdvd which i ran into before but as long as i upgrade im good plus you might as well do it now before you have to many ripped files on your hard drive that youll need to convert later on to an ISO
I'd have to disagree, I've yet to come across a movie that I can't play in 3319a once I've run it through AnyDVD HD

I'd have to disagree, I've yet to come across a movie that I can't play in 3319a once I've run it through AnyDVD HD

well for me im big on features and i like to play with them alot (ex 1.1 or BD live) and i cant do this with an older version of powerdvd with say resident evil:extinction or War

Back