• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movies which "might" require "Forced AI scanner."

az_raiden

This thread is to document titles which might require a forced AI scan due to bad sector protections not being detected by AnyDVD's "default" scan method. This not a complaining thread. This thread is to help determine whether or not certail titles require this setting, such as "Rambo, R!".

==================================================
HERO WANTED [2008]
DEFAULT SCAN
Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1852992 sectors (3619 MBytes)
Total size: 3514032 sectors (6863 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Hero Wanted
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
FORCED AI SCAN
Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1852992 sectors (3619 MBytes)
Total size: 3514032 sectors (6863 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Hero Wanted
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!

UNTRACEABLE [2008]
DEFAULT SCAN
Summary for drive X: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SE-S204N TS00 0814

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1948992 sectors (3806 MBytes)
Total size: 3677724 sectors (7183 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: UNTRACEABLE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

FORCED AI SCAN
Summary for drive X: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SE-S204N TS00 0814

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1948992 sectors (3806 MBytes)
Total size: 3677724 sectors (7183 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: UNTRACEABLE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!

Last edited:
This thread is to document titles which might require a forced AI scan due to bad sector protections not being detected by AnyDVD's "default" scan method. This not a complaingin thread. This thread is to help determine whether or not certail titles require this setting, such as "Rambo, R!".

Rambo R1 does not require the A.I scanner to be forced.

Do you get errors with Untraceable using Anydvd scanner with the A.I. scanner at default settings? Then the A.I. scanner doesn't need to forced for that dvd either.

Rambo R1 does not require the A.I scanner to be forced.

Do you get errors with Untraceable using Anydvd scanner with the A.I. scanner at default settings? Then the A.I. scanner doesn't need to forced for that dvd either.

If you look at the release notes for v6.4.3.2, it says that exactly.

6.4.3.2 2008 05 27

- Fix (DVD): "Rambo", R1, needed forced AI scanner setting

In other words, the AI scan is NOT picking it up by default, so did they have to hard code it into the program? I've complained about AnyDVD "default" not picking things up, but nobody listened. I guess I had to wait for "Rambo" to come out. LOL

PS Hey Webslinger, I made a 1:1 copy (DVD9) of Rambo, R1 with AnyDVD and UltraISO, and it works great. My hat is off to the SlySoft Team, I just wish we could get these pesky annoyances out of the way.

Last edited:
If you look at the release notes for v6.4.3.2, it says that exactly.

Again, the AI scanner does not need to be forced on for Rambo R1. Period. That was fixed in an earlier beta.

6.4.3.2 2008 05 27

- Fix (DVD): "Rambo", R1, needed forced AI scanner setting

Yes. And now the A.I. scanner no longer needs to be forced on for Rambo ever since Anydvd 6.4.2.5 beta.

In other words, the AI scan is NOT picking it up by default, so did they have to hard code it into the program? I've complained about AnyDVD "default" not picking things up, but nobody listened. I guess I had to wait for "Rambo" to come out.

I believe you misunderstand. What the Anydvd status window reports and what's actually going on are two different things.

This is the test: does Anydvd ripper rip the disc fine on default settings?
If the answer is "yes", then the A.I. scanner does not need to be forced on.

Last edited:
No. Again, you misunderstand. What the Anydvd status window reports and what's actually going on are two different things.

Wouldn't it be easier just to show the information regardless of the setting?

Wouldn't it be easier just to show the information regardless of the setting?

Actually, I believe the answer is no, because I've bothered James about this before (quite a bit, actually), and I'm sure if it were easy to implement it would have been done by now.

Hey Webslinger, Do you ever sleep??? Just wondering. :)

I'm like any other computer geek...I need to know too too much sometimes, about AnyDVD that is.

Last edited:
Actually, I believe the answer is no, because I've bothered James about this before (quite a bit, actually), and I'm sure if it were easy to implement it would have been done by now.

OK, good enough, I guess. I'm out'ta here spidey.

az

Hey Webslinger, Do you ever sleep??? Just wondering. :)

I just ran into a strange trojan issue on my laptop that got my adrenalin pumping because I couldn't delete it. Moreover, I think my girlfriend is responsible for the trojan, so I've been a bit furious. I deleted it, finally, with icesword: http://www.antirootkit.com/software/IceSword.htm (several antivirus programs detected it, but couldn't delete it; Icesword worked).

Otherwise, I think I might be asleep. :)

I'm like any other computer geek...I need to know too too much sometimes, about AnyDVD that is.

The regular anydvd status window is fairly good about showing whether a disc actually contains structural protection, but as you've noted, it doesn't report everything that it's removed (especially when no serious structural protection exists).

Last edited:
I just ran into a strange trojan issue on my laptop that got my adrenalin pumping because I couldn't delete it. Moreover, I think my girlfriend is responsible for the trojan, so I've been a bit furious. I deleted it, finally, with icesword: http://www.antirootkit.com/software/IceSword.htm (several antivirus programs detected it, but couldn't delete it; Icesword worked).

Otherwise, I think I might be asleep. :)

The regular anydvd status window is fairly good about showing whether a disc actually contains structural protection, but as you've noted, it doesn't report everything that it's removed (especially when no serious structural protection exists).

ROGER THAT. Which anti-virus do you use? Icesword looks pretty good, I'll have to try it. I got the infamous wintools on my computer a while back. I asked my wife about it and she said whenever there's a pop up she kills it, but something said that we had a virus and needed to do a scan. LOL I told her to "kill" everything except the kaspersky messages.

OK, I guess I'll just have to live with the messages that we get for now. Now I'm really going to sleep.:agree:

ROGER THAT. Which anti-virus do you use?

I had Kaspersky 7.0.1.325 installed, and it was constantly complaining about Trojan.Win32.Zapchast.jd (C:\WINDOWS\System32\evenst.dll). And I hadn't used my laptop in days, so I was wondering wth, basically . .

Icesword looks pretty good

I've never used it before. Someone mentioned to me that it's better than killbox.exe for removing unwanted files, so I gave icesword a shot (it's free). Kaspersky could not delete the file after requesting a reboot.

I ran Icesword, located the file, right clicked on it, and selected "force delete". Icesword said I should reboot. I did. The file was gone.

Last edited:
Back