• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with CloneDVD on "Dark Side of Oz"

bfisher

Several years ago, I wanted to check out the "syncing" of Dark Side of the Moon with the Wizard of Oz so I made a DVD that had these sync'd (it's pretty cool if you've never done it).

Now I'd like to put this movie on my video server (Sage) so I can play it through my extenders on any of my TVs. Unfortunately, AnyDVD and CloneDVD don't seem to be able to do it.

If I use CloneDVD - it shows up as 2 titles (menu and movie) with the right time. However, if I scroll the preview window forward, it only shows about 22 minutes. If I tell it to create the video files, it works for a while and then crashes.

If I use AnyDVD to copy to the harddrive, it works for about 23%, and then crashes.

What I've done:
- I upgraded to the latest version of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD
- Attached are screenshots of the two crashes
- Attached is the AnyDVD Info file
- Attached is the AnyDVD status information

It plays on my laptop (WinDVD) and in normal stand-alone DVD players. It does not appear to play in VLC or Windows Media Player.

Am I screwed, or are there options? I realize this is a home-built DVD so I don't expect Slysoft to support it. I'm just wondering if there are other tools out there that would help me get this DVD onto my media server so it can play? I'm happy converting it to another format, whatever... I'm just not experienced in this (no need to be - Slysoft products work great and do what I need so I've never needed to know) to know where to start. And my google searches haven't turned up much so I suspect I don't know what I'm looking for.

Any help appreciated. Thanks :)

Attachments

• anydvd_error.jpg
    anydvd_error.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1
  • clonedvd_error.jpg
    clonedvd_error.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DARKSIDEOZ.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
  • status.txt
    547 bytes · Views: 0
I realize this is a home-built DVD so I don't expect Slysoft to support it.

That would have been my response. You can try forcining the A.I. scanner in Anydvd to "Always enabled" and see if that works with this specific custom dvd that you made, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

That file IO3 error typically means a bad disc (slight scratch, bad burn), by the way, even if it plays fine.

Last edited:
thanks. as you suspected, changing the AI scanner didn't help.

I have 2 copies of this DVD, and both give me the same error at the same time. I doubt it's a scratch, probably something to do with how I made the disc originally I guess :(

Back