• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What format to use when creating a windows vista server?

kenkobra

I plan on backing up all 750 or so DVDs I own to a media server. What is the best format to use so I can keep the picture clarity and the audio (DD or DTS one not both)? I was thinking about coping the entire disk to the hard drive and go from there but is there another way to do it using ClodDVD Mobile with the same results? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I have been playing around with streaming, experimenting is all, I don't plan on doing what you are but. The best I have come up with is vob passthrough. If file size is not an issue for you vob passthrough will do what you want.

I have been playing around with streaming, experimenting is all, I don't plan on doing what you are but. The best I have come up with is vob passthrough. If file size is not an issue for you vob passthrough will do what you want.

I really dont care about the file size. I just purchased 2 750 gb hard drives and plan on adding more as the time comes. If you rip the dvds into vob files will Media Center in Vista show them? I could not get this to work or is there a hack you must perform first?

I tried the server in Media Center and Nero 8 and for lack of a better word they suck! I'll give you a link to TVersity. This server will stream the vob file flawlessly for you, at least it does for me: http://tversity.com/home
It's pretty intuitive, easy to setup and use and best of all it's free!

Last edited:
I tried the server in Media Center and Nero 8 and for lack of a better word they suck! I'll give you a link to TVersity. This server will stream the vob file flawlessly for you, at least it does for me: http://tversity.com/home
It's pretty intuitive, easy to setup and use and best of all it's free!

Thanks I'll give it a try. It looks like it supports PS3 as well.

Yeah that's what I have and it works great with the PS3.

Back