• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do I have to rip an entire movie just to take a snapshot in PDVD?

mkanet

This seems pretty ridiculous. Do I have to rip an entire movie just to take a snapshot of a movie in PDVD?

There has to be an easier way.

You could just play the main m2ts file in PDVD direct from the disk, once anydvd has done its' thing

This seems pretty ridiculous. Do I have to rip an entire movie just to take a snapshot of a movie in PDVD?

There has to be an easier way.

You should be able to take snapshots as soon as AnyDVDHD is present and running! Just play the disc and try doing snapshots.

You should be able to take snapshots as soon as AnyDVDHD is present and running! Just play the disc and try doing snapshots.

PowerDVD prevents screencaps being made from blu-ray disks (when played as a blu-ray movie). If you play just the m2ts file itself, PDVD will allow screencaps.

PowerDVD prevents screencaps being made from blu-ray disks (when played as a blu-ray movie).

Even with AnyDVDHD running? Anyways, thanks for the hint. Playing the file should do the trick. I thought I remember AnyDVDHD quasi 'reactivating' the screencap function, at least in an earlier PDVD version ...

Even with AnyDVDHD running? Anyways, thanks for the hint. Playing the file should do the trick. I thought I remember AnyDVDHD quasi 'reactivating' the screencap function, at least in an earlier PDVD version ...
pdvd won't play any hd dvd or bd without overlay mode of the graphics card to prevent digital copies. this is due to aacs licencing conditions. it could be that pdvd just forgets that this medium isn't protected anymore and categorically switches to overlay mode when playing such media. or it could be that aacs licencing conditions even apply for unprotected discs.

I can't grab a screen from a m2ts file with PowerDVD 8.0.1622 (latest build). I can with 7.3. Maybe they wised up with version 8? With 8, the button is still activated, but if I try to capture to a file, I get "Capture failed.&Capture is not supported for this file." on the OSD. If I capture to clipboard, nothing happens.

Last edited:
Back