• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.6 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
I believe Blu-ray owners will love this one:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

*Finally* you can watch your discs the way you want to!
(Remember, AnyDVD's primary purpose isn't ripping...)

6.4.2.6 2008 05 21
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove annoying adverts and trailers!
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove User Prohibitions!
- New (Blu-ray): New automatic region code detection!
- Fix (DVD): "Rambo", R1, needed forced AI scanner setting
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

"Removing annoyances" works pretty good, although there still is some room for improvement.

Last edited:
Just had a bluescreen on Vista SP1 x64 with Nero 8.3 and latest AnyDVD beta. I also had Trillian Astra open while it bluescreened. I've emailed this same information to Nero support.

The bluescreen said it was caused by...

AnyDVD.sys

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

I think it's Nero's fault

I was recoding Bury My Hear at Wounded Knee

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini051708-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA80045D4000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA6003307DC9
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Server information: 86c4141b-d6f3-4e4f-816c-a9f65324579d

I've added the files that Windows lists in a zip

Attachments

• WERF15A.tmp.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_BURY_MY_HEART_D1.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That crash was most likely caused by sptd.sys in application recode.exe (Nero)

That file is from Daemon tools and messed up some memory sent to the anydvd.sys driver. Anyway that shouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
That crash was most likely caused by sptd.sys in application recode.exe (Nero)

That file is from Daemon tools and messed up some memory sent to the anydvd.sys driver. Anyway that shouldn't have happened.

I don't have Deamon Tools installed. I have Alcohol 120% installed, but it doesn't autostart and wasn't loaded. Like I mentioned earlier, I've sent a support email to Nero and am awaiting a reply. This is the 2nd time this has happened with Nero Recode and AnyDVD. Very strange because last time it happened, I didn't even have have Alcohol 120% installed. I don't know what's causing it...but it is annoying. It's very rare that it happens though.

I hope either Slysoft or Nero can work on a fix so that it doesn't happen again.

BTW, my system specs are in my signature.

Fernando said:
That file is from Daemon tools

That isn't 100% correct, SPTD.sys is from DuplexSecure.

@AngelGraves13
When you haven't already installed latest SPTD 1.56, do it and check problem back, or else drop a message in Duplex Secure forum with attached/posted minidump.

I have been waiting for this long time..good to see. Looking foward to have out of beta version soon.

:clap: :) :agree: ;)

Follow up...

Date: Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:06 AM
To: Angel Graves
Subject: Re: [DuplexSecure]: Bluescreen
Size: 2 KB

Dear Angel Graves,

we know that AnyDVD is a problematic software, please send the minidump.
Note that it is up to Slysoft to fix AnyDVD bugs.

Sincerely,
Customer relations department

They just dissed you guys... I should "rick roll" them for that!

Last edited:
Follow up...

Date: Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:06 AM
To: Angel Graves
Subject: Re: [DuplexSecure]: Bluescreen
Size: 2 KB

Dear Angel Graves,

we know that AnyDVD is a problematic software, please send the minidump.
Note that it is up to Slysoft to fix AnyDVD bugs.

Sincerely,
Customer relations department

They just dissed you guys... I should "rick roll" them for that!

Yeah, and we know that SPTD.sys is problematic software.
Note that it is up to Duplex Secure to fix SPTD.sys bugs. ;)

Having problems with beta 6.4.2.6 w/some Titles

Attached are 3 anydvd ripper log files for 3 titles I am still trying to clean. I cannot get them to rip to the hard drive as they error out in processing the DVD's

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_310 TO YUMA.zip
    109.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_Info_W_310 To Yuma.zip
    110.1 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_Info_X_ENEMY_OF_THE_STATE.zip
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_Info_Y_NT20NNW1.zip
    102.2 KB · Views: 6
tdampier,
Set your burner's region setting to region 1 as that is your region. I have done all 3 of those movies w/ no problem as I also am in region 1.

Attached are 3 anydvd ripper log files for 3 titles I am still trying to clean. I cannot get them to rip to the hard drive as they error out in processing the DVD's

Are you joking?

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.6)
IY5025G CSH316O 1.0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 3846608 sectors (7512 MBytes)

This is a DaemonTools virtual drive, so you somehow have them on the harddisk... ????

Video DVD (or CD) label: 310 TO YUMA
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Use the original DVD in the first zip.

On the second zip do as Carolina Mike said and set your region and also use the original disc.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select region 1
viii. Start Anydvd

The third zip do as the same in the second.

The fourth zip do the same again as the second and third. These titles at least have CSS protection.

The fourth zip do the same again as the second and third. These titles at least have CSS protection.

As James noted those are images mounted in Alcohol or Daemon Tools' virtual drives. Those aren't orginal dvds (so I, for one, couldn't not possibly care less . . .).

I do have the original DVD's but they are put away. As some of you are aware having kids and original DVD's is not a good idea :)

So instead of re-ripping from originals when they go bad after finger-prints, scratches, etc.. I have started slowly as I rip a copy onto a new DVD to make an ISO image of the original and store them so I can go back and create another copy from the ISO as it is much faster than ripping from the original DVD.

Of course now that I am going back to some to re-rip from ISO and there are newer versions of AnyDVD it would seem that it is finding additional protection on the ISO that was perhaps it did not find the 1st time.

I am aware that these ISO's are mounted with Daemon Tools and that the virtual drives are not set by region code. However, it does not make any difference whether the region code is set to Region 1 on the virtual drive as I have tried that also and just with these 3 DVD's there is no luck with re-mastering and getting the copy protection off the ISO's.

Now on the 1st title 310_Yuma I am able to rip to the hard drive using the ISO image of the original DVD then I can use Shrink, Imgburn, CopyDVD2 and/or 1ClickDVDpro to make an image depending on whether it is a shrink copy that I take on vacation with the kids or something that I put in a library at the house.

They all work and create either a real DVD and/or ISO image depending on the tool. However, when I mount either the copy and/or the new ISO image it still sees the copy protection on the structure of the DVD.

For Enemy of the State AnyDVD will not rip to the hard drive from the ISO file it fails at like 99% and gives me an error and then stops and kills the files.

Same thing occurs for third 3rd DVD ISO which basically will not rip to the hard drive either and gives me errors during the rip.

From what you are telling me I might need to go back to the original DVD for these 3 so that I can re-rip the ISO from the source?

Is it normal/ok to have the copy protection present on the copies I make or will that cause any issues on other players?

Thanks

From what you are telling me I might need to go back to the original DVD for these 3 so that I can re-rip the ISO from the source?

Yes. However,

You need to create .isos using Clonedvd. Otherwise, you need to rip with Anydvd ripper--and then manually create .isos from the files that you ripped using Anydvd ripper.

If you create .isos using other methods, they may not work properly.

Okay a couple of questions:

1) What if I use Imgburn to create ISOs with AnyDVD in the background? I assume that this is because these 3 discs fit into the newer protection levels which cause an issue with using something besides CloneDVD?

2) If I create an ISO exact copy using ANYDVD and Imgburn won't that be exactly like the original DVD? If so then by mounting this ISO and using CloneDVD would that not be the same thing? I actually tried to do this from on of the ISOs and CloneDVD did copy it but the protection was still there on the disc ISO that was made with CloneDVD.

3) Also, if I use the ISO exact copy from Imgburn made above with AnyDVD ripper and rip it to the HD would this not be the same as from the original DVD as well? This is what I was originally trying to do. It does make the copy on a new DVD using either IMGBurn or 1ClickDVDPro as well. However, once again when I mount the DVD using AnyDVD it sees the protection still on the disc.

4) If I use DVDShrink and then point it to the AnyDVD ripped folder it builds the DVD ISO as well but still when you mount that image the protection is still on the new ISO as well.

It would seem that there are a few discs that are a problem and AnyDVD cannot remove this type of protection completely. It can however, allow you to make a backup copy of the DVD and it will play in a DVD player properly but it still has this copy protection on it.

My final question would be for those ISO that still have this embedded protection if I use a Media Player which mounts ISO's and plays them over the network this could cause issues?

Longer term I would like to use these ISOs over the network to a Media Player device which will allow me to get rid of the physical DVDs and the problem that Kids cause by playing around with them :)

Again thanks for all the advice/help.

Back