• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone else find the HD-DVD to MKV guide in the sticky's doesnt work?

toryglen-boy

i keep trying Jungs guide ... and keep falling at the first hurdle

boot up PC
insert HD-DVD into my LG BD-HDDVD combo drive
scan it with AnyDVDHD
open a DOS prompt
goto the directory with eac3to
run eac3to D:\ (where D is my optical drive)

and i get the error

source file "D:\" not found

this happens with EVERY disc, and i have absolutely nothing else accessing the drive at the same time, and nothing else running.

make sense to anyone?

using the newest version of eac3to

:confused:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a guide in the 'stickies'

Ah ok, it' another link inside a sticky

Last edited:
Perhaps

What is the Drive letter of the optical reader you are trying to use?

Works fine for me, what operating system are you using, if it's XP do you have the UDF 2.5 driver installed?

Works fine for me, what operating system are you using, if it's XP do you have the UDF 2.5 driver installed?

how can i tell if they are? arent the installed with Nero?

doesnt the rip function from AnyHDDVD not work, without them? i can rip movies just fine ...

:(

update:

i have installed the newest UDF Drivers i could find, and now it works, but it says

HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found.

:(

I assume it was the Toshiba UDF drivers. As to why it still doesn't work I don't know. Can you see all the files on the disc in windows explorer?

Yes, make sure your UDF 2.5 driver is working properly. The AnyDVD UDF driver can only be used by the ANyDVD ripper. I have added some notes on this to the guides thread (where it may have been better to post this query!).

If you are still having problems with whatever driver you are using I would strongly suggest googling "Toshiba UDF2.5 driver".

instead of running eac3to d:\ try this:

d:
cd HVDVD_TS\
eac3to

if it does not work, rip the hd dvd to your hard drive first.

If you plan on doing this repeatedly I would fix your UDF driver.

If you plan on doing this repeatedly I would fix your UDF driver.

yeah i will.

i wanted to say thank you for the guide, i ripped and sorted my first movie yesterday, its encoding just now at home with Ripbot264 to get it down to 720. Your guide was invaluable, and really got me sorted,thanks again

:bowdown:

:clap:

Back